Taking on Vacay like a Tourist

Waking up before the dawn of light, Beca struggled to sit up as she was right underneath her redheaded lover who, likes it or not, snores like a bull. She chuckled and hummed as she felt Chloe's arms envelope around her even tighter and the redhead buried her nose further into Beca's nape. Her breath were warm as it hits Beca's neck through her parted lips, making shiver as it contrast with the temperature that morning.

Her mother, Debbie, likes to keep it icy, thus, making everyone else suffer with them, though it was understandable, Debbie Ocean grew up in their isolated property in Alaska, and therefore is not accustomed or comfortable with California's burning temperature.

She looked at her intertwined hand with Chloe, stared at it for a moment, it was both their left hands, and Beca wondered... When will she ever be brave enough to put a ring on someone's hand for marriage.

"You're thinking too loudly." Chloe groaned on her neck, her words on the outside muffled by Beca's hair and skin, but the brunette heard her clearly and merely chuckled,"We're already away from Boston, and yet you still think like Sherlock."

"Sherlock is a far better detective than I..." The brunette argued and hummed once again when she felt Chloe's lips caress her exposed back.

"And yet you amaze me with your brilliance in problem solving," The redhead whispered into her ear before chuckled and laying her head on Beca's back, unteasing nor was she unmoving.

The brunette can feel her heartbeat like a steady, constant beat of a drum, Chloe's breath of hot air like the warmth their radiator at department 5's office produce, her hand squeezing the brunette's lightly as she too stared at it and wished for a ring to be put there by her one true love.

"Come on now, carrot-tops, I love laying in bed naked with you,"The brunette then rolled them over and was suddenly on top of her redheaded lover,"But, we mustn't let the others wait," It were whispered words against Chloe's lips before she felt soft, velvety pink lips mesh with her's, felt Beca's hands, soft as a cherubs, roam down her body before it stopped back up her shoulder before she was pinned down,"First one in the shower gets to take the first bite of the sandwich!" That was all she declared before she left Chloe on bed, flabbergasted before she sat back up, her frown etched on her face, a sign of a mighty roar.

"Did we not say not to mess with her food?" Aubrey scolded the brunette girl who gave her a sheepish smile, the girl still already ready to head out.

The brunette got in after she was offered to enter the bedroom Aubrey was staying in,"I didn't think, it was too early."

"I wouldn't be shock if you said you never really think at all around your girlfriend." The blonde grumbled as she walked back to her bed.

The brunette just shrugged and went straight to the bathroom, saying over her shoulder,"She's Chloe."

"And you're whipped, I know."

Walking down the stairs to the living room were Jesse, Lily and Chloe, the brunette boy interrupting Lily and Chloe's conversation whether tomato was a fruit or wasn't,"You woke everybody up." Jesse told Chloe as she stepped down the stairs last.

"It's not our fault the walls were thin." The redhead defended, but realized her mistake when Jesse's face reddened and Lily just shook her head before walking away to join everyone else.

Turning to see who were there and trying to stir Jesse away from the awkwardness, Chloe's eyes immediately landed on her girlfriend, who, in fear of her verbal assault that very morning, ran to Aubrey's room to prepare there instead. Which in the ginger's mind was a good idea, because with the way the brunette looked right now, Chloe's sure they wouldn't be able to get out the bed the whole day, nor would they be wearing any sort of clothes.

Unlike Chloe, who's wearing a tight fighting white shirt and an ankle long black leggings, with some really rocking black Nike shoes, Beca was sporting a gray sports bra which high-lighted her tight stomach, adjusting her black jogger pants and tying the last lace on her shoes, the shorter girl looked up and caught the redhead checking her out, proceeding to wink and turn around to show-off her plump, firm ass, the redhead had to swallow her drool.

Chloe snapped out of it after Jesse grumbled for her to stop drooling on his best friend and left the redhead there to join the rest of the guys at the kitchen who were packing water, they were mostly clothed similarly, tight white shirt that hugged their muscled body and shorts with Nike Shoes in different colors, most of the girls were wearing sports bras or tank-tops, but very similar with her on their bottom clothes.

"Are we good to go?" Aubrey called out to everyone as she mentally made a head-count of the people there, after receiving affirmatives, Aubrey nodded,"Lead's head out!"

Since the Mansion was in Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, the group followed the trail to Mt. Hollywood, each running in pairs as they chit-chatted and other's, who never went to Los Angeles, admired the glamour of the place. Beca was at the back with Aubrey, talking about a case Jane reported to the blonde at the plane ride after saying that they wanted her thoughts on it. Cynthia, who was still kinda trying to recover from her throat being slashed, stayed close to Lily, they think that Cynthia, subconsciously, saw Lily as her physical form of security, they were rarely apart these days.

Chloe and Stacie was behind the girls, but ahead the boys who kept joking at the back and fooling around, while Stacie remained quiet beside her, despite the taller girl having no earbuds on her.

"You're quiet today." The redhead pointed out, which seemed to have startled Stacie from what seemed to be a distant thought.

The brunette's eyes casted down, looking unsure, but also unsettled,"I just... I just really couldn't bring myself to stop thinking about almost getting killed." The taller girl turned to her with a soft smile, but it quickly faded away the moment she turned back to look at the road.

The sun could be seen almost rising now, so they quickened their pace, but Chloe didn't want Stacie to keep dwelling on that.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," When Stacie realized Chloe was blaming herself again, she tried to object,"Don't worry, Stacie, I've already made peace with my demons... I just think that what's done has already been done and dwelling in the past much longer will only keep me from moving forward." She said, smiling as the brunette seemed to ponder on it,"We're all struggling with what happened, Cynthia is still not over the fact that she was almost killed, Beca is still blaming herself for Ashley and Denise's deaths, then poor Emily's trauma, despite her telling me that it's not bothering her anymore," The redhead looked sad for a moment, upset that this happened to them,"In our line of work, we're bound to get through these things, see things that could never be unseen, go through things that we wish we'll never go through again, but at the end of the day, Stacie, we have to get over it, for the sake of the people we're serving, it's going to be hard, but there are people who are ready to help us when we need to let the feels out." 

She felt like she've said enough, and so, Chloe remained quite, letting Stacie think over her words and realize the meaning behind them.

"And you think we'll be able to get through this?" The pensive girl asked, and Chloe chuckled to lighten the mood.

"We're from Boston, Conrad, we'll get through this." She said, swearing in her head that they will, that she'll make sure of it.

Because their the Homicide Department. They can do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this.