The Unconventional Parents I

Retired Jailbirds

                The flight to California wasn't long but it was uncomfortable. They had left Boston bright and early that Monday morning after telling Cavenaugh their struggle to focus, the man immediately agreed, Jane convincing him that it wasn't easy, from the field before, the older woman knew the feeling.

Beca and Jesse never liked flying even if it was the safest way to travel. Luke and Fat Amy were uncomfortable sitting next to a man who won't stop talking about Star Wars, a film they never saw with Benji keeping the flow of the conversation from the seat next to them. Chloe was comfortably snuggled up on Beca after taking the sleeping pill prescribed by her doctor to pass the anxiety of flying, Lily sat by the window, Beca's original seat, looking below with wonderment. Aubrey sat between Stacie and Jesse, a tense nature circled them.

Arriving near noon in Hollywood, everybody was hyped. The flight apparently also flew a star so they arrived with flashing lights from paparazzi and howling fans greeting them.

Riding a van to the estate her parents owned, Beca couldn't wait to see her friends questioning looks.

"What the hell, Mitchell?" Aubrey was the first to voice out her disbelief as they got down of the vehicles to the smooth front yard of the estate.

Their vehicles went through gigantic but elegant silver gates. The yard had a majestic fountain with Cupid on it, the front garden had sculptures, made by plants and clay itself were beautiful. The twelve Gods of Olympus reigned the area and the flowers gave the whole picturesque a colorful and inviting glow. It's safe to say that the team was speechless for the beauty of the sight. The mansion exterior had a French renaissance feeling to it with a touch of Ancient Roman architecture, the color cream, despite it being a home built in this century, made it look old.

"Your adoptive parents are rich?" Fat Amy inquired,"Now I know why you let them adopt you." The team chuckled.

Beca shook her head as she laughed with them, but her amusement immediately soured when she saw six varrying cars parked by the corner,"Oh fucking crap."

That immediately caught everyone's attention.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" Chloe asked, immediately worrying that something was more than wrong.

"Company is here." Beca rubbed her face in frustration.

Clearly the vacation to Calif. was a bad timing when they were here, but it was more than needed.

"Looks like your Aunts are here too." Jesse pointed out with a smirk, he saw the red Tesla before and a plate number that says 'Pol69ly' is hard to miss.

"Do you think Polly brought her cat, Oscar?" Luke chuckled, having met the Aunts as well, this comment made Beca groan more.

"I hope not." Stacie laughed with the two leaving the others confused.

"Explain, you guys!" Aubrey grumbled, hating being out of the circle.

Chloe though, had more pressing matters,"Why do you look displeased with a cat?"

They all shook their head at her innocent question, it was no surprise she's more than concerned as to why the other's don't like any animal.