Ch.14 " A perfect 100"

In a hospital in Tokyo. Himeno laid on the hospital bed. The beeps of the medical machinery and the television were the only sounds that Himeno heard as she slowly woke up.

She opened her eyes and looked at where she was.

She looked at herself to find herself in a medical gown while her left arm was in a cast.

"Oh yeah..."Himeno said as she remembered what happened.

She looked to her right to see Juno sitting beside her bed with his arms crossed.

" You're finally awake...You were trying to cross the border, right?" Juno said to her.

" Wha-...?" Himeno said. Clearly confused at what Juno was saying. " Maybe he drunk too much...?" Himeno thought to herself.

"  Nevermind that..." Juno said as he shook his head with a small smile. "The Doctors said you won't be able to youse your left arm for a while...The bones in your arm were badly broken. It was a miracle that they could fix it. The cast has to stay for at least 12 to 20 weeks, maybe longer...And what you did, well, was about to do.....Was pretty dumb, "Juno finished with a frown.

" I thought you were dead...And I was not just gonna stand there and Let Aki die..." Himeno answered with a rough voice before coughing.

" Here." Juno got a water bottle and held it up to her mouth. Himeno then drank from the water bottle.

" I know...I know...It's just, sacrificing yourself when I can take care of the problem is kinda dumb..."

" You were bleeding out..."Himeno replied.

" And I'm a Devil. I can recover by drinking blood." Juno retorted.

" We still don't know what happens if you are really immortal," Himeno replied.

Juno sighs as he rubs his forehead in slight annoyance. He then took a deep breath and scratched his head.

"...Look...I know- I'm not saying that you helping is bad. But if you sacrifice yourself...Aki won't take that well...Someone that you care about sacrificing their lives in exchange for yours is a shitty feeling...I know that...You know that.." Juno said as he stared at Himeno with caring eyes.

Himeno stayed quiet and stared at Juno's dull grey eyes.

" Back to Aki...Aki is in the next room. Denji and power are with him. He's still alive..." Juno said as Himeno sighed in relief.

"How many are left..?" Himeno asked Juno.

" Kobeni, Aki, Madoka, Power, Denji, You, and Me are the only ones left. Kobeni and Madoka resigned... Special divisions 1st, 3rd, 5th are all wiped out. Some have lived, but 90% died..." Juno said with a soft tone.

He stopped talking to let the information slowly sink in.

Himeno only laid in her bed and stayed quiet.

" Himeno..."

"...Yeah..?"

"...How about quitting...?" Juno said.

"...What?" 

" The Doctors said that even if you heal, your left arm wouldn't be the same. Your performance would be hindered. You would just die out there...And I don't want you to go dying out there..."

"...Okay..." 

"....Really?...Just like that? Okay?" Juno asked, confused.

He expected Himeno to be a bit more stubborn than to agree immediately.