"Son of a..." he muttered, as he watched the platypus make his descent near him, executing a perfect landing right along the Presidential Trail. Ethan was flabbergasted. It was the same platypus from San Francisco...the same one that saved him from Dr. Drakken, while he was still in disguise as Alistar Krei. There was no denying it.

Ethan recalled seeing the name of this certain platypus from the briefing I.M.F. sent him in France. "You're Perry...right?" he asked, not expecting to have received an answer from a semiaquatic mammal incapable of human speech. Then again, Perry seemed intelligent enough to have understood Ethan, nodding in response to his inquiry.

Hunt gave an approving nod. "Good. Nice to meet ya, Perry. I'm Ethan Hunt."

Perry activated some type of wristwatch device strapped on him, and a small holographic projection of Ethan's dossier popped up. It had most of Hunt's personal information in it, including his date of birth and a few bits that should've been redacted.

"How did you get all of that?" Ethan asked, again assuming Perry was going to give him a direct verbal reply. But Perry didn't even bother to provide a physical answer, making it seem as if the details of how he got Hunt's file were classified.

This unusual interaction between them was cut short just as they were approached by two individuals, both of whom Hunt and Perry recognized. One was a blond gentleman who looked like he had recently been in a scrape; the other was a redheaded teen girl in a cheerleader uniform.

 One was a blond gentleman who looked like he had recently been in a scrape; the other was a redheaded teen girl in a cheerleader uniform

"Mr. Hunt, I presume," the blond gentleman greeted, holding out his hand.

Ethan accepted the handshake. "Mr. Bond. It's a pleasure to formally meet you."

"Is it?" a skeptical Bond remarked. "Since we're now working together, I'll offer the same advice you gave us: don't get in my way."

The tension between the two men was already evident.

It was just as evident as the awkwardness between Kim and Perry. "Uh...hi," she told the platypus. "You, uh, wouldn't happen to know of any naked mole rats that're secret agents, would you? 'Cause my friend has one that might be..."

"How about we spare ourselves of any further absurdities and figure out where the hell we go from here?" Bond insisted. As austere as he was, he did bring up a good point.

There the four of them were, merely standing along the Presidential Trail like the clueless tourists that passed by. It was then that Ethan noticed a small pile of large rocks perfectly stacked atop each other. Curiously, he kicked at one of them – it didn't budge; in fact, it sounded very hollow on his kick.

Kim, Bond, and Perry soon took notice of Hunt's activity. "Are ya that bored, Agent Hunt?" Kim teased.

"Maybe," Ethan remarked. "But I think my boredom might've found us a secret passage." Following on his hunch, Perry decided to approach the phony rock pile and twist the topmost rock until it made a click sound.