Chapter FortyFive

TW: mentions of sexual assault.

Chapter Text

Jemma and Coulson were going to go meet up with Ward's contact and Daisy and Asia were headed for the Triskelion. Asia was going to maintain watch over on one of the nearby building. Maybe she didn't have all the gear she usually had with her, but a pair of binoculars and comms from Daisy's apartment were easy enough to snag. Asia might not be an agent in this world, but Daisy still was. Daisy would go in and get intel on Radcliffe's location, and Asia would monitor what was going on inside the building and if it looked like anyone was tailing her specifically.

From her perch up on a nearby hotel, she was able to spy into the building, watching Daisy move from window to window. She watched her move to her desk, then follow Ward down the giant escalator in the center. The nice thing about having a building full of windows meant it was easy enough to see inside. And Hydra was cocky enough that they never imagined someone would be watching them this way. No one ever dared. Not till now.

She was so focused on Daisy that she forgot to watch for the Dwarves. She didn't even see the problem coming until she felt the gun pressed to the back off her neck. She stiffened, letting out a hiss of a breath, slowly raising her hands, dropping the binoculars. There was something in her that had been telling her this was all too easy, and now look where she was. It was foolish, really. And she needed to remember that if she died here, she died in real life, so her next moves needed to be chosen very carefully.

"Don't move," the unfamiliar voice of an agent said to her, gun still pressed to the base of her neck. "No sudden moves or I'll pull the trigger."

"Okay," Asia said, not moving a muscle except for her mouth to speak. "I'll comply. Just let me know what you need me to do." She spoke slowly, intentionally, ensuring that the guy knew he was in charge here.

"Where's your identification card?" He asked her, stepping back slightly to look at her, "And turn around, so I can see your face."

"Alright," Asia said, "I'm going to turn around now. And, well, it's a bit odd, but I don't have my card with me. I was, erm, supposed to get married today and I kind of ran off. I left everything I have there. That's why I'm up here. I wanted to see if he's trying to send people after me. I'd really rather he didn't." She shrugged sheepishly, forcing tears to form in her eyes, trying to get him to be sympathetic to her situation.

"Ma'am, you should know better than to travel anywhere without your ID. Not that it matters," he said with a sigh, shaking his head. "I know exactly who you are. And you're going to need to come with me." He unhooked a pair of handcuffs from his belt, gun still trained on her. She was running all the scenarios in her head of how she could disarm him and get out of this situation, before she saw the four other armed guards march up the stairs and stand in front of her. Shit and a slew of other curse words ran through her mind as she analyzed the likelihood of making it out alive if she didn't go along with what they had asked.

It didn't look good.

She held her hands out, wrists up, and let him slap the cuffs over her skin with a definite clack sound. She looked back over her should at Hydra HQ. Well, at least she'd get the insider look at what was going on this way. And she could find a way to meet up with Daisy and get the hell out.

The squad of Hydra soldiers did lead her exactly where she imagined they would - right into the heart of the Triskelion. "Can you tell me what's going on? Where are we going? Please, don't take me to my fiancé," she said, sounding scared. A little bit of that fear was real. Her only response was a shove forward into a dark containment room. She was forced into a chair at a table and then the door was shut behind her, leaving her in the pitch black. And there she sat, waiting, counting the minutes by the sound of a ticking clock she could hear on a wall outside.