Chapter TwentyTwo

When Asia woke from her short nap, she was almost immediately briefed on updates to their situation by Mack. Leo had a lead, a facility that had been shut down, owned by a company called Roxxon. May and a small team had been sent ahead in a Quinnjet to get an eye on the place and see what they could find. It was a good sign, a good step in the right direction to finishing this whole thing. But that meant they had left the fun part to her. Explaining to Director Mace why the plane's destination had been rerouted to somewhere completely different.

She made her way to the conference room, the one usually reserved for her own briefings and work, knowing she would find him there. The dim, blue lighting was welcoming and familiar as she entered, but the man sitting in what was usually her chair was not. "Hello," Asia greeted, sliding into a seat across the large wooden table from him. "I'm glad you're still here. There's a few things I want to talk about. Such as assisting Robbie Reyes in collecting his uncle, safe and sound."

Mace sighed, looking at her, before shaking his head, looking down at the folder on the table in front of him. "Agent Monroe, you should know this better than anyone. We do not negotiate with terrorists."

"I don't think it's really all that fair to describe Mr. Reyes as a terrorist," Asia replied calmly, folding her hands in front of her on the table.

"He attacked us on our own plane, just hours ago. He is a murderer. He threatened to take down this entire plane if we didn't fall in line and agree to his commands. I'm sorry, Agent Monroe," Mace looked back up at her with an earnest look in his eyes. "But if that's not a terrorist, then what is?"

"Sounds a little Right Wing Media to me," Asia sighed, "But, I do understand your point and you're not wrong." She looked down at her hands, then back up to him. "But, regardless, we still don't have a way to contain him. And we don't know anyone besides Robbie Reyes who can take out Lucy Bauer. We need him on our side."

Mace thought for a moment, staring at Asia Monroe for a beat, unblinking as he thought. "He will still need to be punished for what he's done." He said after a moment of contemplation.

"I agree with you," She replied with a quick nod. "After the mission is over. And once we've had more time to figure out how to handle him." She made a fair point, if they brought him in now, they wouldn't have much they could do if he fought back.

"Is this the point when you explain why the plane turned course?" Her Director asked her, tone not accusatory, just questioning. She wasn't surprised he had asked, and she would have brought it up even if he hadn't. That was half of the reason she had come here to chat, after all.

"You noticed, good," she said with a nod, small smile on her lips. "Agent Fitz had a good breakthrough on possible locations where Lucy Bauer would have gone to try and complete her master plan. We've routed the plane that way. Agent May has taken a Quinnjet ahead to surveil the area."

"Might I get to the know the name of where we're headed then?" Mace asked, leaning back in his chair, looking slightly more relaxed for the first time. "No point in lying at this rate. And you still have a test due."

"Roxxon Power Station," She replied, as she too now leaned back, hands still clasped in front of her, a sly, nearly wicked grin crossing her lips. "And no, sir, I don't think I do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they circled above Roxxon Power Station, Asia Monroe changed into her suit designed by Leo and Jemma, veins of blue running through it lighting up, circulating fresh water around her entire system. And built in, a special touch of Leo himself, were her wristlets, same pressure points allowing knives to jut out as she hit, these ones dipped in the same serum that was in the Icer bullets. All in all, she loved this suit. It gave her everything she needed when she was in a fight, and then some. Her two scientists were brilliant.