Chapter Fifteen

"Agent Monroe," Coulson greeted as she climbed down the ladder into the Zephyr. "This is a bit of a surprise, I would say...what exactly are you doing here?" As she hopped off the ladder and turned around, she was surprised to find Leo standing beside of him.

She cocked her head slightly to the side, "I decided I was needed here more than I was back at base," she explained, raising an eyebrow. "You didn't tell me you were bringing Agent Fitz?"

"He didn't tell me, either," Coulson shrugged, "For what it's worth. And I think you're needed more here, too," he agreed, his support the admission she had needed to know she was doing the right thing after all.

It was Leo's turn to shrug then, as Asia's sharp, Head-Of-A-Department gaze fell upon him. "I had gotten pretty far along on the work this morning and I thought they could benefit from me here, too. I didn't want to make things any more stressful for you today then they were already about to be, so I figured I would come here now and tell you about the danger later." While it still annoyed her slightly, she couldn't deny he had a point. She would have been thinking about him all day if he had gone with and she was aware. At least she was here now to ensure he was not doing anything too dangerous.

"Well, we're glad to have you either way," Coulson confirmed again with a nod. "Want me to break down our plan so far?"

"Yes, please," Asia nodded as they walked along the halls, the three of them headed for the main bridge of the Zephyr. It was time she let the others know of her arrival, as well. And that included Daisy.

One thing the entire last mission had made Asia realize was that she was sick and tired of letting Daisy think she didn't have anyone there to support her, that no one would want to support her. Asia Monroe had learned the hard way that not everything was in her control. That she couldn't hold all the pain and death and accidents as her fault. And now it was time for Daisy to learn the same lessons and quit running around without them trying to fix things alone and only hurting herself more in the process. And Asia was planning on ensuring that happened.

"Great, well, May and I are about to head down to the prison. They've agreed to let us take Eli Morrow into our custody, thanks to some solid paperwork by May," Coulson explained. "We just have to sign some things on their end and we're good to go, so we'll just take the Quinnjet down there and fill out whatever they need, then be on our way back. He should be our key to finding the Darkhold."

An unusual shiver ran through Asia's body as Coulson said that name. She hadn't heard the actual name of the thing till now, for fear of spilling it in her lie detector test. But frankly, after this morning, she didn't really care that much about the stupid test. She had stood up to Mace and gotten away with it, she could do so again. All the same, the name of the book left her with a sense of discomfort.

"That sounds like a good start," She replied nonetheless. "Once we have the book, we can figure out what we need to do with it next." She wanted to pitch it into an incinerator personally, if it would stop these ghost things from existing. As they entered the bridge area, Asia gave Mack and May a smile and a small nod. Both looked rather surprised to see her here, which was, in itself, expected. She wasn't out on missions all that often these days.

"Alright, Agent May," Coulson said with a sigh, adjusting the sleeves of his shirt. "We've got Agent Monroe's blessing, let's get down there and see what we can find out." May nodded, moving towards the door, only pausing for a moment beside Asia for the two to exchange silent nods. Neither expected this part of the mission to be alltogether long or difficult.

So when not more than thirty minutes later, Coulson was radioing the Zephyr, a note of urgency in his voice, needless to say they were all surprised.