Chapter FortyOne

"Okay, this is okay," Asia said, still staring out the window, speaking to both herself and to Leo, though she wasn't sure who needed the reminder more. "Leo, I think we need to get out of here," she said finally, turning to him. "This isn't a safe place for us to stay right now."

"No, Asia, we can't," he whispered back, grabbing her hand and leaning close to her ear. "We have to be extremely careful about our next move. They cannot know that we know. I don't want to think about what those repercussions might be if they catch on to us." He glanced out the window at Coulson, who was walking by, studying the both of them as he did.

"That's a fair and tactical point," Asia said with a sigh, "But we can't stay the night here. They're going to try and do what's been done to them. They must be here to ensure we're to be replaced as well. The longer we stay, the better a chance they have. I could fight them, Leo, but I don't want you getting caught in the crossfire. I don't feel safe with you here, I want you somewhere far away concocting a brilliant plan."

"Okay, okay, okay, shhh," he said, kissing her forehead and running his hands over her arms. "If they wanted to hurt us, wouldn't they have done it already?" He asked. "Perhaps they're just gather information. We may still have time. Time to think and make a plan."

"Unless they have a plan to catch us off guard," Asia pointed out. "They could just be waiting till we go to sleep so that there isn't a fight. Oh god I'm going to have to put traps up in our bedroom. Our bedroom, Leo. The place we're supposed to be safe." She sighed, looking down at herself. She wished she has stayed dressed in her suit. She had changed when they got back into black shorts and a tank top so that she could go sparring later. Maybe she should find a way to change back.

"And you can do all of that," Leo said, nodding at her. "But not while they're watching. They only haven't tried anything because they haven't realized that we know. We have to keep it that way. They can't know we know, it's our only upper hand right now."

"Now you're thinking like an ops agent," Asia said, crossing her arms over her chest and smiling slightly. Sometimes you had to smile, even in situations like this one. But they had each other, at least. "Maybe we can ask someone who wasn't on the Op. Or I can phone Nat and Clint for backup."

Just as she had finished speaking, footsteps from behind caught her ears. "Agent Fitz," came Coulson's calm voice. But she knew it wasn't really him. Just a very good replica. She turned around to watch him, even if he had directed his words at her boyfriend. "We still haven't been able to locate the submarine on any of our satellites. Based on your best guess, do you think their machine is equipped with missile lock capabilities? We need to know what we're going up against." Mack nodded from behind them.

"Well, one could imagine so, yes," Leo replied with a nod. "I didn't actually see the submarine so it's difficult to say for sure." He put his hands on his hips and shrugged.

"Alright," Coulson nodded. "I guess we will have to assume the worst then. Ivanov has people who are supporting him for his goals. We need to make a plan to stop him."

"His goal has always been to destroy Inhumans," Asia said with a sigh, shaking her head. "I need to get back in contact with our relocated ones. With Aida on their side, they may well already have their locations. I'm going to have to move everyone to new safe houses again."

"You actually don't have to worry about that," Coulson said to her. "Because we're calling them all here. To Headquarters. For their own safety."

"Frankly, Sir, that's not really your call," Asia said, hands on her hips. "I'm the one in charge of the Inhuman division, I call the shots. I don't want to bring them all in. Having everyone in one situation is too risky. We just need squads sent to help them move." She didn't feel bad snapping at him in this moment, as she would have done so even if it wasn't an LMD trying to tell her how to do her own job.