Why I love you

Okay- the last chapter wasn't as long as I promised- but this one will be long- I promise :)

"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you."
-Roy Croft

Silence. You could hear some whispering and camera flashes and that was about it. That whole question ruined everything. Toru's parents were in shock, Kiyoko's parents confused, and Toru and Kiyoko were now starting to panic.

"E-excuse me? What?" King Oikawa said in a bit of a shock. The reporter grinned.

"Well! I had happened to hear something a few days ago." The reporter said before continuing,
"I had to happen be near the secluded part of the castle garden and over heard a very interesting conversation." They said before continuing. Queen Ueno then stiffed hearing the 'secluded part of the castle garden'.
"And I over heard, Queen Ueno talking about something quite shocking." He said. King Oikawa's eyes were now a bit widen, Queen Ueno is panicking, Kiyoko's parents still a bit confused and Toru and Kiyoko shocked and curious.

The reporter then got something out of his pocket. It was a recorder. He then raised his finger and pressed the button of the recorder. Everyone listened carefully.

"You see.. as you know, my son, has gotten a spouse."

"Yes! Of course I know. It's been all over the village! I'm happy for him."

*Ena's chuckle*

"Y-yes.."

"Hmm? What's with the awkward laugh?"

"O-oh.. well you see, that's what I wanted to talk about."

"Oh! Okay then. But again, why do you sound kind of unsure with the marriage? Or something like that."

"Well.. my son.. actually doesn't want to marry princess Kiyoko."

The people's eyes widen in shock, some have their mouths opening.

"HUH?! How come?!"
"I thought he picked her?"

"You see, my husband chose Toru to marry princess Kiyoko."

The reporters gasped. The parents and the duo were now in shock and panic. King Oikawa tensed up, Kiyoko's parents confused and shocked, Queen Ueno being nervous and Toru and Kiyoko shocked. Makki and Mattsun were also shock while watching. Literally the entire village was shocked. Tobio's eyes were wide open and his mouth as well.

"What?!"
"I thought you guys decided that Toru would pick the one he wants?"

"Well yes, that was the original plan.. but,"
"The person that Toru wanted to marry was.. someone that Akira didn't approve of.."

Everyone then got more shocked and confused.

"Oh.. okay then.. so.. why are you here talking to me?"

"Well, I actually approve of the person that Akira didn't approve of."

Now everyone was wondering who that person is. Who is it? Is it a girl? Boy? Non-binary person? A criminal?
A lot of things were flooding people's minds.