Ned immediately shook his head.

"No. Absolutely not. No more secrets. Please. I'm begging you. I can't keep going on like this," he said tiredly. Vivian squeezed his hand comfortingly.

"Come on, babe. Just a little longer?" Vivian said and he sighed. He could never say no to her.

"How exactly do you plan on getting back to them?" MJ asked Betty. Betty's grin widened as if she was waiting for someone to ask her that. Before she could reveal her master plan, Ned threw his hands up in defeat.

"You know what? I don't even want to hear it," he said, "I'm gone." He quickly left the group alone to plan their revenge in hushed whispers. He sat down beside Abe on the other end of the auditorium, but his eyes couldn't help but wander over to them every few seconds. They looked way too excited. Ned frowned. They were probably planning something awful.

He turned away, forcing himself to focus on his work.

The last thing he wanted was to be involved in more lies.

—————

Dinner with Peter ended up becoming dinner with Peter and May after the woman insisted that the three of them eat at this new Chinese restaurant together.

Adelaide had no problem. She loved spending time with May. Except when May was interrogating Peter about his new 'girlfriend'. 

"Come on, Peter, tell us," May insisted. She smiled at Adelaide, "We both really wanna know her name, right?"

Adelaide forced a smile, "Right."

Peter sighed, glancing at Ada sideways. He looked down at his plate again. Something told him that May wanted him to say her name was Adelaide.

"Her name..." Peter started. He looked at May who was watching him expectantly. "Her name's Liz—...Lisa."

May frowned. She was so sure he was about to say Adelaide. When the woman glanced at Adelaide, she was sitting there with a tight smile on her face, trying to overlook the fact that the first girl whose name he thought of was basically his ex almost-girlfriend. May narrowed her eyes.

"And how did you and Lisa meet?" she asked. Peter sighed.

"May, I already told you. I saved from a couple of muggers and n-now we're dating," Peter knew he was walking on thin ice here. Too much or too little favoritism towards Lisa and at least one of the women at this table would be onto him. He nervously glanced at Ada who looked very interested in her plate.

"Well, tell me what she's like," May said. Peter bit his tongue. This was really the last thing he wanted to talk about right now, but he supposed that this was the whole reason that May wanted to have dinner with the two of them together in the first place.

"She's um...she's nice."

"Nice?" May said, "That's all you can say. We girls don't want guys describing us as nice, right Adelaide?" May asked. Adelaide looked pained to be a part of this conversation about her boyfriend's other girlfriend. She knew May was trying to make them both crack and admit the truth.

"Right," she said, glancing at Peter, "Come on, Pete, tell us about her." Peter glared daggers at her for throwing him under the bus. It was like they were taking turns being under May's scrutinizing gaze.