Chapter 13

If she thought it was eternity till she reached her previous destination then it felt forever until she saw the bright beige roof gable of her house through the droves of the beautifully blossoming pink cherry flowers of the elegant specimen tree ...

If she thought it was eternity till she reached her previous destination then it felt forever until she saw the bright beige roof gable of her house through the droves of the beautifully blossoming pink cherry flowers of the elegant specimen tree in her front yards.

The moment Amor stopped the gear of the car, Habiba ran out as fast as her small legs could carry her. While sprinting towards the house she noticed the police and all guards of her dad surrounding the house. Not giving much attention to that she ran to the door and opened it fast enough to startle Laila Begum who was having a difficult time calming the wailing Zayn in her arms.

Her heart flipped when she saw her son with a bandaged leg. Heart beating a million times per minute she sprinted to her mom who also came forward and gave Zayn in her arms.

No words were exchanged between them throughout that time as the extremely shocked mother was checking her son for any other injuries on his body.

Zayn stopped wailing the second his mother took him in her arms as if he smelled the aromatic lavender scent of his mother's perfume instantly. He nuzzled his head in the crook of his mother's neck as his crying subsided except for the uncontrollable hiccups leaving his mouth due to crying out for hours.

With raging bloody eyes shedding painful tears like the oozing blood of a warrior's wound she looked up at her mother and asked in her trembling voice, "Who did it?" The mommy bear inside her woke up when she noticed the imprinted harsh fingers on Zayn's small hand and his bloody bandaged leg.

"We will talk about it later." Abrar Abedin Chowdhury made his presence in the room with Amor behind him.

"But, Abbu-" her speech was cut short by him.

"You should take care of my grandson now. He got a little cut on his leg but the doctor said he might be traumatized as he was very scared and cried the whole time. I am relieved that he stopped crying for now."

Habiba nodded meekly at her father.

Amor came forward and caressed Zayn's curly locks as he kissed his head who had been hiding his face in her mother's neck with his hand fisted on her hijab since she took him in her arms.

"Habiba, he needs to have a bath and he has to have some food in his stomach as soon as possible or else he will fall sick," Laila Begum said to her daughter and rushed towards the washroom with her.

Abrar Chowdhury and his son stayed in the room and sat on the couch, both busy with their own thoughts.

"I know him."

Amor looked at his Abbu who spoke up, breaking the silence. "Whom Abbu?" he asked, confused at his state.

"The boy who tried to abduct my nanu bhai. His green orbs seemed so familiar and the scars beside his eyes," he said addressing Zayn as his nanu bhai lovingly.