Surgery

"Mrs. Everdeen, she has a one hundred eleven fever! Something is wrong!" Peeta shouts.

"Let me check her over. I'm very experienced."

"HOW ARE YOU SO CALM ABOUT THIS?!" Peeta huffs. "MY BEST FRIEND IS BURNING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO DEATH! AND YOU ARE JUST SITTING HERE, 'let me check her over'-ing?! YOU ARE ACTING LIKE SOME- SOME-" Peeta sobs, lost for words.

"Peeta. . ." Prim starts.

"NO! DON'T YOU PEETA ME, PRIMROSE! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH TOO MUCH! WHEN I COME BACK, AVERY BETTER BE OK!" And with that, he stormed off, crying. 

"Primrose, get the Knockout Serum. We have to operate." That's all you remember as the syringe goes through your flesh, injecting homemade sleep into you.

Nine hours later. . .

"Mother!" Prim shouts. "Avery's awake!"

"Where Peeta?" you utter, quite groggily. You feel your chest.

Stitches.

"Avery, dear, how are you feeling?"

"In a word, tired. Where's Peeta?" you ask. The two Everdeens are silent. "Where is he?!"

"No one has heard anything of Peeta for hours. All they know is a hovercraft launched from our grounds. Unauthorized." 

You starting wriggling. The women attempt to hold you back. They can't. You get a hovercraft. You know where Peeta is going to.

The Capitol.