Talking with Peeta

After a while, you and Peeta invent a game. It's called Real or Not Real. He asks a question and you say "real" or "not real" and explain why. You want to help Peeta remember everything.

"Finnick and Annie are getting married. Real or not real?" Peeta asks. This one's obvious. 

"Real. They've been in love for a while," you respond. "Maybe we could bake their wedding cake!" 

"Yeah, that would really bring a lot of me back. I didn't bake at all in the Capitol. I was too busy getting beaten bloody to do anything," Peeta started shaking. You start hugging him, feeling very empathetic for him. What did Peeta do to deserve this?

"Shh. Peeta, you're safe now. You're with me," you try to calm him down, but when he's in a funk, he's in there for a while. He grips the handles of his hospital bed. He starts crying. 

"C-can you s-sing?" he cries softly.

"Yes," you say. There's one song you remember.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your eyes

And when, they open the sun will rise

Peeta starts to fall asleep. You continue singing with your angel-like voice.

Here it's safe

Here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Peeta is almost asleep, but he is looking up at you with red-from-crying eyes. He wants you to sing the last part. You whisper it in his ear.

Here is the place where I love you

And he kissed you again. You two are developing a bond. You both can feel it. You feel it as your cold lips meet his.