Katniss' Propo

"Katniss made a propo?" Finnick shouts angrily. The words "traitor" and "evil" bounce off the walls. Peeta is overjoyed. You are in shock.

"Oh my goodness. . ." Peeta whispers to you with a smirk.

"I know right?" you reply. 

We stop to listen to Katniss.

Caesar Flickerman, eternal host of the Hunger Games, asks Katniss. "So- when did you lighten up about the rebellion?" 

Katniss scowls. "I guess it had to be when I realized that some rebels. . ." She looked into your soul again. ". . .can't be trusted."

"Ah yes. The old distrustful ally. That happens. Tell me, Katniss. Was this rebel a friend? A backstabbing buddy?" Caesar asks. He knows how to entertain. He should've been a Gamemaker.

"She was at first, until a big move happened for the rebels. We had taken the Victors back. That's when it all went downhill."

"Are there details that aren't personal?" Caesar inquires.

"Yes. Plenty actually. My friend, she was assigned as Peeta's doctor. She is a wonderful healer; Peeta was very, very ill. They needed someone good. Someone experienced. They chose her. The most unfortunate thing happened to the whole star-crossed lovers thing."

"What? What?" Caesar urged Katniss.

"Peeta. . .he- he-. . ." Katniss starts to choke up.

"He. . ." Caesar echoed.

"He kissed someone else." You can almost HEAR the Capitol audience gasp. "My friend."

"He didn't. . ." Caesar moaned.

"He did!" Katniss sobbed. "And they were my friends! Even more for Peeta!"

"Oh, dear."

"It was like I received ANOTHER electric shock. It hit me like- like- almost like when Peeta choked me."

"Peeta- choked you?" Caesar raises an eyebrow.

"Yes. When he came back, I walked in and he choked me." Katniss' face is so red. Red of sobbing and tears.

"Wow. This much be such an emotional roller coaster for you, Miss Everdeen," Caesar assumes. He starts to correct himself. "Or should I still call you Mrs. Mellark?" 

"Don't you DARE call me by that name!" Katniss roared and stomped off-screen. Seal of Panem. End of propo.

Whispers of "oh my goodness" go around the room. 

What have you done?