Part 33, The time we made up

"Paula!"

I ran a few more miles, looking left and right. My tears camouflaged under my sweat. I was beyond panicking. Time's running out, yet she's nowhere to be found.

"Paula! Please.... Please,"

I tumbled down like a dead fish. My over anxious state was not helping and I couldn't think straight. One of these days I feel like all I am is a mess.

I've messed up in being a great person and a partner. I've broken her heart. I've not been a great leader and I've done a terrible job understanding what's wrong or right and what's real and what's not.

At this point, I have forgotten all about the girl and the false hopes of ever finding her. Maybe Paula knew that she's not real. But maybe never got me anywhere good.

I was still running, pushing, gasping for air and just trying to keep myself together. Where the shuck could she be?!

I've been screaming her name. Begging her to please show up. Until a force from the west knocked me off my feet.
I felt my arms dislocated. I heard soft breathing from behind me. I swiftly turned to see Paula's face covered in filth and light scars.

"Please tell me I'm not dreaming," I secured my elbows as I try to get up.

"We gotta go. Are you okay?" She took my arms and helped me up, "I'm so sorry but we gotta go quick there's not much time,"

I ran after her following her lead. The skies dimmed. I feel myself accelerate. We were so close to the door and I can't let past events to ever happen again.

I pushed harder and harder. Paula was slowing down so I took her hands and assisted her. We were now on the same speed, firing up every step we take.

We had made it as the doors closed before us. I was wheezing on my knees. She was wiping the sweat off her forehead, smiling at me.

"We did it," I curled my hand for a fist bump.

She instead went in for a hug. I hugged her tight, forgetting my dislocated hand. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry,"

"I can't stay mad at you..... I love you and it's totally fine," she comforted me.

She let go of me with a huge concern on her face. She reach out for my broken arm. "I'm so sorry too. Is it bad?" She said apologetic.

"It doesn't matter, as long as you're here now," my authentic smile came back to me.

But my biggest worry now is the reversal cycle of this mess coming back again. I guess I'm overthinking it.

• • • • • • •
Thank you guys so much for reading and voting :3

Make sure you guys leave any comments or suggestions :))

And what do you guys think about Ki hong's and Ha Young's wedding? I think they're a really beautiful couple and I wish them all the happiness they deserve :3

My tumblr: nightchevalier.tumblr.com