"Okay, explain to me what happened," I said, crouching down in front of her.

"They weren't lying." She said, "I didn't want to take my pill. But when I turned away and dismissed the nurse, she grabbed onto my han-hand really hard and then, she um, she pushed me onto the bed and tried to force the-the pills into my mouth."

"So then I defended myself," She cried. "Please don't leave me here alone, please." She pleaded, brushing her fingers across her arm. I held her hand in mine and lifted the sleeve of her hoodie, revealing red fingerprint marks and some blood drawn where the nurse's nails dug into Nia's skin.

I didn't want to take her out, I didn't want this to go wrong but the last thing I was going to do was leave her in here, "Go to your room and get your stuff. Who do you trust the most here, besides me?"

She pointed over at the doors leading into all of the patient's rooms where the same bodyguards from last time stood. I nodded and told her to take them with her. She stood up and did, avoiding the rest of the disgusting staff's glares as the guards opened the door for her and walked with her to her room.

"Just so you know, I will be pressing charges. This is assault." The troll said.

I chuckled and nodded, "Do it. I'm sure they'll believe you when Nia shows them the bloody nail marks on her arm. Dumb bitch." I shook my head. How unbelievable? "I'm taking her home, send me a prescription for the pills she's been using."

The boss stepped up to me, a pleading look on his face. "Mr. Rivera, I can't stop you from taking her out of here but I strongly urge you to convince her to come for AA meetings. She can do what other stuff she's used to coping with at home but these meetings have been a big help and I don't think she should completely cut it off."

I glared, "As long as that old hag is as far away from Nia as possible, then sure, I'll try convincing her. But don't expect a patient to want to come back after being completely forced against her will by a fat whale like that bitch sitting behind you."

The nurses gasped at my insult just as Nia came back. I took her bags from her and gently eased her to walk in front of me. She turned to wave at the guards but they seemed too busy glaring at the raw donut sitting on the chair to notice.

We got into the car, Nia brought her knees up to her chest and rested her head in between them, trying to calm herself down as I started up the car. Then I reached over and pulled her to sit on me, straddling my legs with her head on my shoulder as I drove out of the parking lot.

I rolled my window down beside one of my men and called him over, "I'm taking Nia out of here, you can tell everyone they can leave."

He nodded and looked down at her, "Welcome back, darling."

"Hi, Oscar." She whimpered. I could feel her trying to smile, but it seemed like talking alone brought her pain.

He gave her a pitiful look and brought his eyes back to me, "Anyone we need to fuck up, boss?"

I shook my head, "I don't support animal cruelty, don't worry about it."

He chuckled and backed away. I drove off, playing that same playlist I had been for the past couple of weeks to try and keep her mind off of everything.

"The kids are moved into the house." I told her as we stopped at a red light, "You wanna go home or go see them? We got dinner ready, Kara and Jordan are over there too."

She nodded, "Let's go there."

I turned my signal on and switched lanes before turning to where the house was. She started to hum the lyrics of the song playing, her muscles were feeling less tense and the tears weren't falling anymore.