Day 23 pt. 2

After classes Ashley was extremely excited to pick me up. I actually tried to look presentable for this double date thing, wearing a navy dress with the same color lace around it and some black heels to match. I put on more makeup than usual just to add some more sparkle to the whole outfit. Ashley went for the more sexy approach, a tight black dress to show off her assets and insinuate her curves.

She links her arm with mine and grins. "You ready?" she asks and I nod with a small smile as we go down to the bar that Matthew and I first met. It's already getting dark, nearly sunset and I should be studying but I couldn't let Ashley and Matthew down. I pull myself together, making sure I don't look too tired from the long day. I grip onto my backpack as I see the two boys in the corner, suddenly for some reason nervous.

Ashley grips me extra tight one last time, then we unlink from each other. I hug George who is standing up to greet us and then slide in the booth to greet Matthew. "Hi." I say to him and he looks up from his drink to look at me. "Hello." He smirks and I blush as I tuck some hair behind my ear. George and Ashely sit down on the opposite side of the booth and they are the first to start up conversations, them getting excited and screaming if they find things they have in common.

Matthew, while they aren't looking, places a hand on my thigh. I keep my eyes focused on George and Ashley as they are turned toward each other. I can feel myself blush a little. "Evie, it's like when we first met." Grins Matty and I glare at him only to see his smirk. I grip onto his hand and pull it to my stomach to stop him from going any further and keep me from getting any more turned on.

"Except you weren't trying to finger me under the table the first time we met." I point out.

"It's all relative." Replies Matty and I hide a smile by kissing his cheek.

"I hate you Healy." I say with a grin.

"Right back at you little girl."

Matty kisses me quietly and longer than I thought. Our group of friends must look like a weird bunch, two making out and the other pair gushing over music or something. From any outsider we all must look like wild animals. But I love it. I lean into Matthew and I talk to him about the Beatles for a while, a common interest we have.

"As a kid, my mother used to sing me 'Hey Jude' whenever I was having a nightmare. It sounds stupid now because everyone knows that song but-" I shake my head. "No. No it's not stupid, it's actually beautiful." I say and Matty grins a little. "Really?" He asks and I nod again. I love hearing his stories about his past, I love hearing him talk about his future and what he wants to do with his life.

I want to talk like this more, just the deep stuff. I want to talk about aliens and sex and dumb things like that. I love talking about life, and with Matty talking about life is so easy. "Your parents seem pretty great." I say and Matty nods as he spins an empty beer bottle around the table with the tip of his pointer finger. Ashley and George left awhile ago, going wherever.

"I think you'd like my parents." Matty looks down at me and I smile. I would love to meet his parents one day, talk to them about little baby Matty and their life growing up. I take a sip of my 2nd or 3rd drink, I honestly can't remember which one. No I am not drunk, I think. I grip onto Matty's hand on his thigh and he tenses up a little. "Evie." He warns and I look up at him and lean back up.

"What?" I ask and Matty tucks some of my hair behind my ear and speaks softly to me. "You're drunk." He says and I shake my head, refusing the idiotic thought. No, I am not drunk. My dad would never allow that to happen to me nor my mother. God I am turning into them, letting them control me. I realize that now, I've let them boss me around my whole life and I had to be intoxicated to notice it.

No I am just being stupid and drunk and dumb and stupid. Did I say stupid twice? "I want to go home." I tell Matty once I begin to think too much about the argument going on in my head. "Okay baby girl, lets go." He speaks to me even softer and quieter than before and I feel some tears in my eyes. I don't deserve him, god I don't deserve anything. Matty should be off having sex with some hot chick who loves tattoos and rock music and dropped out of school.

Not some prissy school girl who can barely hold down a boyfriend or a friend at that. Why does he want me, why is he still with me anyway? "Matty?" I ask once we are in his car and he's trying to buckle me in like I'm a little kid. I grab his shoulders and then his face, making him look me in the eyes. "What princess?" he asks as he pays full attention to me. Then I just kiss him, a long kiss, longer than expected.

I kissed him for as long as he would let me. "Baby girl we need to get you home." He breaks away from me and I nod. "I want to go to your house." I sound like a child, a prissy girl who is used to getting what she wanted. Matthew nodded and he closed the door then went on the drivers seat. Matty drives away, he seems much more tense than usual and I get a little worried.

I reach out to grab his hand but he moves it away to turn the car into his driveway. He opens the door then slams it behind him to help me out. I unbuckle myself as he helps me up and walks me to his front door. Matty swings it open and I walk inside. Kicking off my shoes I lay down on his couch, Matty soon follows and sits on the floor next to my face. Playing with my hair he speaks quietly to me. We sit like this for hours, occasionally talking.

Hours past, and I think I'm sober now. Thank god. "How are you feeling?" Matty asks and I shrug a little, too busy taking him in to care what my answer is. I inch closer to him by the minute and Matty is closer as well. "I think," he stops himself. I urge him on but he shakes his head. "Matty tell me." I beg but he shakes his head once again. I've sobered up, a small headache kicking in. "How drunk are you, baby girl?" he asks me and I grin.

"Not at all, I don't think." Matty nods and grins at me. "Was that the first time you were drunk little girl?" he asked and I can feel my face redden. I just turned 21, yes it's the first time I've gotten drunk. I can imagine Matty being drunk at age 16 and fucking some hot 18 year old girl. But here he is with me, the uglier one who's never broken a rule, the girl with the middle life.

Matty plays with my hair and scoots even closer to me. His shirt is undone so I can see his chest tattoo in all of its glory. I have too much of a headache to ask what it is, so I run my fingers over it, Matty grabs my hand and kisses it softly. "Do you have any secret tattoos?" he jokes around a little, but I think it's a sincere question. I shake my head and Matthew raises his eyebrows in mock surprise.

"I would assume you have one above that killer ass." He smirks and I short. Yeah, right. "Whatever." I chuckle and Matty leans in and kisses me slowly. His hands coming up to cup my face, I can't help but grin. "I want to cuddle with you." I tell him and he nods, jumping on the couch with me, he snuggles into me, head resting on my chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and I breath him in.

We soon fall asleep, and I fall asleep with a smile on my face.