chapter 20

a/n - happy august everyone! i'm sorry for not posting for a while but i'm hoping to write more regularly from now on. thank you all for the support recently; and i really mean it. hope you all enjoy this chapter as something big happens at the end ;)

this chapter's playlist:

looking out for you - joy again

jealous - eyedress

campus - vampire weekend

a punk - vampire weekend

prom queen - beach bunny

-

y/n's pov

"tom i need to tell you something,-"

"no, y/n, i do."

"i'm in love with you."

"w-what?" he loves me? he.. he loves me! everything now made sense. for the first time ever, everything was perfect. the puzzle pieces that were life molded together. it was just us two- us two against the world. i couldn't believe it.

"y/n?"

"y/n!"

"y/n, wake up!"

-

i woke only to be met by the blonde.

but alas, it was all a dream. 

i rub my drowsy eyes to get a better look at him. i sit back admiring him for a split second. he's very pretty.

"we're here," he smiles, gesturing to the bright scene outside the window. i look out and feel my face instantly glow with elation. the thriving music and screams were all i needed to wake up.

the blonde in question had his hands resting on my hips- and was a little too oblivious to this. only then did i realize what position we were in.

a smirk inched itself across his face when he saw how flustered i was. he knew exactly what he was doing. 

i notice the way he inches closer and the way he gives me soft, meaningful looks; and it's only me he does it too. i can feel his breath tingle at the side of my neck the closer he got.

"where's tommy and y/n?" 

the moment was interrupted by a vivid voice coming from outside the car. thank god.

he sighs before getting out. he holds out a hand, gently helping me out the car- let's just say we had a mixture of looks as soon as we got out.

-

we begun to walk down the path behind everyone.

"i feel like we haven't talked much recently," i was a little star-stricken by how straightforward he was but went with it.

"well, we're with all of our friends so it'd be a waste not to spend time with everyone."

he nodded silently.

"but yeah, we haven't and i'm sorry. we can spend all of today together if you want to?"

he nodded, looking down trying to cover his smile. 

our hands consistently kept brushing past one another. i really wasn't sure if it was by coincidence or if he was just waiting for something to happen.

he cleared his throat before speaking, "can i hold your hand?"

without another word i intertwined my fingers with his. his grip tightened around mine as we swayed hand in hand.