chapter 12

y/n pov

i look down at my phone in shock. tom notices and starts waving his hands in front of me to get my attention.

"helloooooooo? earth to y/nn," he laughed. his face drooped when he realized this wasn't a joke, "y/n?"

i was dumbfound. i just sat there in awe: the only words i managed to mumble were, "what the fuck."

he gently grabs my hands into his and circles the back of my palms with his thumb, calming me down. "hey, talk to me. what happened?" 

at this point i was out of my shocked state. i look up to see a genuine concerned look on his face. my eyes dart around the room trying to comprehend. his gaze follows mine like he was waiting for something. i place my phone on the counter and gesture towards it. his eyes follow and he smirks. "ohhhhh," he emphasizes, relieved. i squint at him implying i'm waiting for an explanation of some sort. he just smiles. 

"come on."

i choke out a, "what?"

he rolls his eyes, "let's go."

with that, he pulls me up and out the door.

-

"tom," i moaned. his hand wrapped around mine as he practically drags me down the street, "where are we going?" no answer. "so you're just going to ignore everything that just happened?" he stops walking for a second, looks up, and answers a simple, "yup."

finally after probably 20 minutes of walking, he stops at this little café and heads inside. i follow closely behind him to a table. he pulls out a chair gesturing me to sit down and he sits across from me. god, he can be such an idiot. but that's why i love him.

i stare at him to the point where he bursts out laughing. "why did you bring me here, mr.innit?" before he could answer, a waitress walks up to the table to take our order.

"hello! welcome to thomas tea rooms. my names celia, what can i get for you both today?"

"can i have a mocha please?" i ask, it was my go to order. as well as my mum's.

the waitress nods. "i'll have a black coffee, thanks."

she scribbles our orders down on her notepad and tells us our drinks will be ready shortly. promptly after she leaves, i make the comment "alpha male much?" followed by an, "oh shut up." i look around the small café. it was a saturday afternoon in april, meaning not many people were here apart from the odd old couple sat drinking coffee- which made me really happy. i always find the atmosphere in cafés to be so lovely. 

i snap out of my trance and look back to a smiling tom. the waitress comes back with our drinks and places them down on the table, followed by an enjoy. the hot coffee caresses my lips, bringing the familiar feeling of warmth. my hands warmed up from the radiation. 

"i'm taking it you want an explanation." i shake my head up and down eagerly in response which makes him laugh. he coughs lightly showing he's got a whole speech prepared.

"they're my friends that i stream with and i er- told them about you."

i just smile. he told his friends about me, i thought, he's adorable. "one of them, will, was basically begging me for a picture- so i gave him you're instagram to make him shut up. i imagined he then told everyone else. i hope you don't mind."

"i don't." i reply, i could feel how burning red my face is. 

we sat there making small talk until i noticed his leg was bouncing up and down making his whole body bounce alongside. i place my hand on his thigh, hoping i could calm him. the bouncing stopped as he looked down and smiled.

"can i ask you something?" he spoke.

"what's up?" i reply taking another sip of my now slightly warm coffee.

"so i er- the friends i told you about," he stops. i could tell whatever this was, was making him nervous. i nod my head signalling him to continue. "they want to meet you." he stops again.

"for summer break, do you want to come meet up with them with me?" i just sat there with a blank face. i thought about it and hesitated for a second. "i mean- you can say no."

screw it.

"i'd love to."

a/n - hi! next chapter will be an a/n to basically say some things. also, i'm sorry for not posting for nearly a week. i've been kinda busy but i'll be back writing regularly now :)

04.04.21

754 words