It took a total of five minutes to reach the house I was at yesterday, my car having a mind of its own. I sighed as I parked my car in the driveway in front of their house. I hesitantly unbuckled my seatbelt as I used my foot to help push the door open.

I smoothly got out, locking my car as I slowly made my way towards the front door. I felt my heart pound in my chest from nerves and all my pent-up anger. I could hear my pulse pound in my ears as I brought my hand against the wood and lightly pounded against the hard surface.

I heard shuffling behind the door before someone unlocked the door. I almost felt the breath get knocked out of me when my eyes were met with a familiar set of electric blue eyes. Staring into those intoxicating eyes made my knees feel weak.

The emotions in her eyes held so much emotion, yet they carried so much warmth. If you stared into them for so long, they could tell a story of the life-time struggles that she was never able to put into words. Her eyes held so much emotion that even if her words couldn't say what she wanted, her eyes would make up for it.

I watched as her eyebrows pinched together, confusion swimming in her features as she crossed her arms. I discreetly took in her appearance. She wore an oversized t-shirt that easily covered her 5'8 frame. I figured she was wearing shorts underneath, but they were hidden by the shirt so I couldn't see.

My eyes lingered on her jaw for a bit longer, not able to notice the bruise that once covered her jaw. If I stared long enough, I was able to make out the faint purple color, but I knew she had makeup covering it so the bruise wasn't as noticeable.

"Ryder," she briefly stated, her eyes lingering on my lips for a brief second before she met my eyes. A small smirk tugged at my lips to try and hide how much of an effect she really had on me. On the outside, I looked put together. On the inside, my insides were on fire and I was a nervous wreck. My heart almost beat out of my chest as I stared into her blue eyes. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She was more than beautiful.

"Anderson," I fired back, her last name easily slipping off my tongue as she motioned for me to come in. I gave her a brief nod as I watched her playfully roll her eyes. All the anger I once felt only moments ago, disappeared. The anger was replaced with nerves when I was around her. No one has ever made me feel like this before. It was fucking weird.

I watched as she slowly made her way to the living room, plopping down on the couch as she waited for me to follow. I huffed, giving in as I trudged my way towards the couch. I sat down next to her, the couch engulfing my broad body as we sat merely inches apart. We were both sitting side by side, not facing each other as our legs briefly brushed against each other.

"Want to tell me why you're here, Ryder?" She asked as her head turned to face me. I raised one of my eyebrows at her as my eyes briefly scanned her face. Every time my eyes landed on that bruise on her jawline, it made me want to go where her mother was staying and give her a piece of my mind. My princess has been through so much shit and it made me absolutely furious that she had to go through it alone.

"Why can't I hang out with my favorite girl?" I playfully asked as a small chuckle slipped past my lips when I saw her reaction. Her lips slightly parted as her eyes widened for a brief second before covering it with a glint of amusement.

"You have such a way with words," she deadpanned, shaking her head to herself as a faint blush stained her cheeks. Fucking beautiful.

Stop.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, changing the subject as I quickly glanced around the house.

"Olivia is in her room with Jace. Jace gave her the rundown with everything that happened yesterday and she's been scared ever since," Dakota sighed, a frown crawling onto her face as it made my gut clench in sorrow. I hated seeing her sad. "Jason has only really fucked with me, so seeing her scared, makes me horrified."