Chapter 1 • Backstory

You were jogging through the woods, running away from something. A monster. You kept running and running, till you ran into a cave. You thought you were safe since the monster lost you, but you were far from safe. You turned your head around to see a circle with weird pictures, and in the middle was a triangle with one eye, a top hat and a bow tie. There was a small description, you were always terrible at reading in your head so you read it out loud. Nothing happened.

You ended up leaving the cave forgetting that there was a crazy monster chasing you. Your eyes widened as you realized you were face to face with this monster. You started running again, not looking back.

You kept on running and running, then you stopped in a field. You looked around to make sure you lost him. You did. As you checked your surroundings, you saw a building. Mystery Shack.
You went inside to see that it was a tourist trap. You looked around to see some familiar faces. They were from your town. You saw two kids though. Probably a year younger then you. They seemed to be 12, while you're 13.

You looked around the gift shop, then looked down. Your eyes were greeted with the same triangle you saw before in the cave except this time it was on a carpet. You thought it was a town mascot, but you were wrong.

Very wrong.

------------
Author's Note

So first chapter done! I hoped you like it!

Oh also, the thing you read in the cave, it was the Cipher Wheel. You can search up a picture of it or just look at the cover of this book.

See ya soon
Ruddiger

(Also, check out my other book You're Perfect - Varian X Reader.)