1

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi

Short story :D
20 chapters

No AU

TW's:
-None

George's POV

'Dream, I'm going to set up this stream. Do you want to stream with me?'

'I have to do something important right now, but I'll definitely join the call if I'm done before you've stopped streaming,' Dream said as I heard him stand up. 'It shouldn't take too long.'

'Okay, I'll go set it all up now,' I said as I clicked some settings.

'What are you going to stream?'

'A Minecraft, but... challenge. It's just an old one we did a few months back.'

'Okay, nice. I'm going to go, see you.'

'Bye.'

Dream disconnected from the call and I plugged in the plug-in we coded. All my settings seemed right so I quickly checked Discord to respond to some messages. After I responded to them all and put on my Do Not Disturb mode, I clicked start.

I waited as I saw the chat started to fill with people who all said "hi" and "we missed you".

I hadn't streamed in a long time, but I was just busy with other stuff next to this. That took a lot of time as well, so I didn't always want to stream.

I listened to the intro music coming through my headphones as I read the chat and once the song ended, I turned my mic on and started speaking.

'Hello, guys!'

The chat got completely spammed with "hi" and I smiled. It always made me happy to have all these people be happy that I was streaming after I was having a rough day.

I turned on my face cam and smiled at the camera as I realised I was very pale today. I had bags under my eyes since I slept poorly last night. I hoped people wouldn't notice it, but messages like "you look tired" now filled the chat. I ignored them and clapped my hands.

'Today I'm going to do an old challenge, I think I only did it with Dream before. I asked him to come to the stream as well, but he was busy. He might join later so don't keep asking for him. Let's just start then.'

I opened the world and started running around while everything I looked at turned to another block.

'Okay, I think most of you might remember this challenge, but I will explain it to the new people. Basically, everywhere I look turns into a random block. For example, that's a coal block now, but if I look at it again, it turns into a different block again.'

I ran to a tree and grinned. 'So it's also a bit impossible to get a tree since I would have to look at it.'

I ran around again and saw a block change into a birch log. 'Okay, I can't look away now,' I said with a smile. I concentrated, walked forwards and started mining the log as I acted like I had won the lottery.

'I got it, I just need four to five more.'

I started running back around and managed to get four more logs in a pretty short period of time. I made a wooden pickaxe to try to mine some stone for tools. It all took way longer than normally and after fifteen minutes, I finally managed to get the stone tools.

'If I just keep looking around, I probably don't even need to run,' I said as I kept turning around. 'Yes! Iron. I need food, though. I can maybe get some hay bales as well.'

I mined the iron as I saw a melon block. I quickly mined it and ate the melons as I looked at my chat. They were spamming so much that I could barely read a message. I focused back on the game and mined some more food and iron as I made a furnace to smelt my iron in. After mining some coal, I waited for the iron to be smelted and looked at the chat again.

"He looks so tired, is he okay?"

"Gogy, are you alright?"

Was it that obvious that I was tired? I saw multiple texts scroll by, a lot of them asking me if I was alright. I got scared that anyone would notice that I wasn't okay and went to my second monitor to look something up real quick.

My second monitor was still opened on Google with my stupid questions. "How do you come out?" and "how do I know if I'm gay?"

I had hidden it from everyone, from my family, but also from Dream and Sapnap. No one knew that I was gay and that it was stressing me out so incredibly much that it sometimes hurt. Yesterday I was just awake all night while I looked on Google for tips to come out to friends.

I was zoned out as I looked at the screen. I got a lot of good tips on the internet, but it was still making me so anxious that I was sure I wasn't going to come out to anyone for the next few years, if not for the rest of my life.

I was fine being closeted, Dream and Sapnap lived in America anyway. I would move out someday and then I was just alone, able to get a boyfriend without anyone knowing.

I clicked on the search button as I saw my other search results and sighed. I googled a lot about Dream, because I found him decently attractive. I was never going to admit that, he was just my best friend.

I looked shortly at the chat as my face flushed red. "George, hide your screen" and "your screen isn't hidden" kept passing by.

I immediately clicked off the sites and stared at the chat in shock.

"Are you gay?"

"We support you, Gogy!"

"Guys, leave him alone. He clearly didn't mean to show that, stop talking about it."

A wave of panic overtook my body and I immediately clicked off the stream, just to delete the VOD immediately after. Everyone knew, all those one hundred thousand viewers knew that I was gay. I started panicking completely as I ran to my bed to hide myself in there. I was never going to come out of bed ever again.

1043 words