Chapter 26~ Unexpected Feelings! Akari Likes Natsu?!

Natsu and Akari had been friends ever since they were kids. Their friendship only grew when she returned to Kagakira and became a Pretty Cure with her. She always loved being around Natsu, but recently she's been feeling strange around her. A strange attraction to her or something. She couldn't get her out of her mind as she slept that night. "Could it be....that I like Natsu?"

The next morning when she woke up, she finally understood this feeling. She liked Natsu, not just as friends. She just couldn't deny it, Natsu meant the world to her and she truly loved her. But would she feel the same? Would she like me back? Does she just think of me as a friend? Will she think I'm weird? She figured she should confide in the others about this first. She invited everyone but Natsu and Toshiro over to her house.

"What did you want to talk about, Akari?" Aika asked. "Yeah and why isn't Natsu and Toshiro here?" Momoka added. "Well....it's kind of hard to explain." She stuttered a little. "Go on....we're listening." said Kaori. Akari stared at the floor, slightly nervous. "Well....the thing is....I've been feeling strange around a certain someone and I understand what this feeling is now. I may.....have a crush." She admitted, embarrassed. "OOOH! AKARI HAS A CRUSH!" Momoka squealed in excitement. "Sshhh!" She shushed her.

"Sooo.....who is ittt?" Momoka asked her. "Come on, we're dying to know!" Akari looked back up at them and sighed. "Okay.....it's Natsu." She muttered. "NATSU?!" All three of them gasped. "Yes..." "AKARI LIKES NATSU! ADORABLE!" Momoka gushed. "Wait....you're not weirded out or disgusted by me?" "Why would I? My parents are gay after all!" said Momoka. "Yeah. It's nothing to be ashamed of at all." Aika agreed. "You'll always be our friend no matter what." "Why are you guys making a big deal about this?" Kaori asked, confused. "Don't you guys have lgbtq in the kingdom?" Aika asked.

"What is that?" After explaining, Kaori nodded her head. "Oh yeah. It really doesn't matter to us whether you likes boys or girls back home. It's completely normal for us." "So you don't have sexualities or have to deal with homophobic people?" Akari asked. "Nope." "Wow. If only our world was like that." said Akari. "Well anyways, I'm happy you guys accept this, but I don't even know what my family will think of this."

"Let's not worry about your family right now. You can tell them when the time is right. You should focus on getting your feelings together so you can confess to her." Aika suggested. "Confess to her?!" She exclaimed. "What's wrong with that?" She asked. "I can't just confess to her just like that! What if she doesn't like me back? What if she's disgusted by me?" "Akari, there's no way she would be disgusted by you. She's your best friend after all. I'm sure she'll love you no matter what." "Well...I could try."

Later that day, Natsu got a text from Akari asking if she wanted to hang out. She agreed and headed over to the park to meet her. "Hey, Akari!" She exclaimed. "H..hey...Natsu!" She immediately blushed upon seeing her. "Are you okay? You're really red." She asked her. "Oh yeah, I'm fine! Let's just get going!" The two of them walked through the park, chatting as they went along. They then went to a library for Natsu to look around in. Nastu started getting flashbacks the moment she stepped inside.

"What's up, Natsu?" "Oh it's just that....this is the library my dad used to take me and Asuka to." She said. "I haven't been here in so long." She walked around, feeling so much nostalgia. "I wonder if that book is still here." She scanned through the bookcase and found it. "It's still here!" "What is?" "It's the book of fairytales my dad read to me here. It was my favorite. I'm really happy that it's still here." "Why don't we check it out then." "Can we? But we don't have a library card." "Not yet."

After checking out the book with their new library card, they headed to a cafe for lunch. "It's feels great to be able to hang out with you again." said Natsu. "Just like old times." Akari blushed once more. "Things have definitely changed though. Such as your father's death, my parents divorce, moving back to Kagakira, my father remarrying and of course the Pretty Cure. And there's something else that's changed." "What is it?" "Well it's....." Before she could finish, there was a loud crash. Obsidian appeared again with a Dark Sparkle.

"Are you serious? Of all times!" Akari complained. "You've got nerve interrupting our date!" "Our what?" "Never mind! Let's transform!" The two transformed and began fighting. They worked together to take down the Dark Sparkle. They synced their powers together and managed to weaken it. "Now, Ruby!" "Okay, Crystal!"

Attack Sequence
Akari taps her locket and her baton appears before her eyes. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She grabs a hold of it and begins to twirl it swiftly and surely. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Sparkling Jewel Catch!" She threw her baton and trapped the Dark Sparkle into a red sparkly loop. "I'm sparkling....."

After all that, Obsidian retreated and things went back to normal. The girls finished at the cafe and bid each other farewell. In the end, Akari was unable to confess to her, but little did she know Natsu was having her own feelings. She couldn't stop thinking about what Akari had said earlier. "You've got nerve interrupting our date!" What did she mean by that? Could it be....that she likes her? Natsu blushed at the thought. "She actually likes me too?"