Chapter 17~ A Day At The Zoo! Momoka's Love For Her Parents!

It was Sunday and there was a knock that morning at Natsu's door. "I'll get it." She called. She opened the door to see Momoka. "Hey Momoka! What's up?" "Hey, Natsu! I was just wondering if you, Kaori and Pearl wanted to go out today with my parents?" She asked. "Oh really? Where are we going?" "We're going to the zoo just out of town. I already asked the others and they all agreed, so now I'm asking you guys." "I'm sure they wouldn't mind. They've never been to a zoo after all. I'll go tell them."

Soon enough, Natsu, Kaori and Pearl were on their way to Momoka's house. "You know, even though we've been friends for quite a long time, this actually my first time ever going to her house." said Natsu. "Ironic on how she goes to your house all the time." Kaori responded. "I'm really looking forward to seeing her house! I bet it's going to be super cool!" Pearl exclaimed. "Yeah just make sure you stay hidden. We don't want to extract attention." said Natsu. "I know, I know."

They arrived at her house and knocked on the door. A man opened the door and smiled at them. "You must be Momoka's friends! I'm her dad." Just then another man appeared. "And I'm her other dad." "Wait...other dad?" "Guys, you're here!" Momoka appeared. "Uh Momoka....who are these guys?" Natsu asked. "Oh, these are my dads." She said, pointing to them. "You have two dads?" Kaori asked. "Yeah. Well they're actually my adoptive dads as they adopted me when I was a baby." "Woah, I didn't know that!" Natsu exclaimed. "Yeah that's my bad. I never told you guys about any of this, did I?"

Aika and Akari arrived shortly afterward and she explained the situation to them. "Well I must say, I never would have thought that you have two dads." said Akari. "Well now that that's over with, who's ready to go to the zoo?" "Yeah! Let's go!" Momoka rushed out the door. "Typical Momoka." Natsu sighed. After a little bit of walking, they eventually arrived at the zoo. "Dad and papa used to take me here all the time when I was little. Brings back so much memories." said Momoka.

"So this is a zoo." said Kaori. "Quite interesting creatures." They first started off with the elephants. "These are elephants." Natsu explained to Kaori. "They can suck in and squirt water from their trunks." They then went on to the lions. "These are lions. They have large manes and are known as being kings of a family called a pride." "So like a kingdom?" "Yeah, sort of." They went on to the penguins next. "These are penguins. They...." "Natsu, seriously! We came here to have fun, not listen to boring lectures!" Momoka complained.

"Look at this, Kaori! That penguin is sliding into the water!" Kaori watched and smiled. "That's pretty cool." She replied. "That's so cool!" Pearl suddenly appeared. "Pearl! What did I tell you about keeping hidden?!" Natsu exclaimed. "But I wanna enjoy the zoo too!" She pouted. "You can stay on my shoulder then." said Kaori. "Thanks, sis!" She hopped on her shoulder and stayed there.

The girls went from animal to animal and had a lot of fun as they went. After a while, they stopped at a restaurant at the zoo to have some lunch. "Look at this, Kaori! We get to dine with stuffed animals!" "Stuffed animals?! Dead animals that are stuffed?!" Kaori gasped. "No, no! It's not like that!" Momoka tried to explain. They were able to explain the concept of stuffed animals to Kaori and they sat down to eat. "I must say that this zoo is quite fun." Kaori admitted. "That's good! I'm really glad you guys liked it!"

"You know, Momoka-chan." Aika began. "You said that your dads had adopted you when you were a baby. But why were you even in adoption in the first place?" "Well, I don't really remember a lot of it, but they told me about it. Apparently, my biological mother was really sick when she was pregnant with me and she died while giving birth to me." "Oh my god!" Akari exclaimed. "As I was born deaf, I stayed in the hospital for a while until I was able to get hearing aids. I stayed in foster care for a while, until I was almost a year old when my dads adopted me."

The others listened in awe. "They have been looking to adopt a kid since they got married and saw me. They knew I was deaf, but they wanted me none the less. They wanted to give me the best life I could ever ask for and they definitely lived up to their promise. I couldn't have asked for a better life than this." "You really love your dads don't you." said Natsu. "I sure do! They've done a lot for me and accepted me for who I am! I love them so much!"

After eating, they kept going around the zoo until it started getting late. "We should be heading home know. You girls have school tomorrow." Her dad said. "Sadly yes." Momoka sighed. "It's life, Momoka. Get used to it." said Natsu. "Thanks for inviting us Mr. and......Mr. Takamura?" "Hehehe. No problem." Nighttime approached and Momoka began getting ready for bed. She lay in her bed before removing her hearing aids.

"I'm so thankful to have not only wonderful parents, but wonderful friends as well." She fell asleep with a smile on her face.