Chapter 13- The Closet.

Start from the beginning

His eyes zoned to the bathroom; the door was closed, but no light shone underneath it and Zayne was wise enough to know that his little sister would never use the bathroom without some light, unless she got over her fear from when she was a toddler.

Next, he scanned the remaining area around the room, before he focused on the bed. The bed that had crumpled, pulled back sheets and pillows that had been tossed and turned. No Brynn.

Zayne reached to his waistband to retrieve his handgun, his brothers all seeing the action and growing unsettled.

Zayne turned back towards where they'd heard the creak, narrowing his eyes at the seemingly empty space. He walked forwards, handgun held tightly to his right side and left hand lifted, signalling to his brothers to remain quiet.

His brothers went back in their rooms in search of their own guns, as the oldest turned the corner, gun slightly hidden behind his right thigh, ready to pull out.

He sighed a deep breath of relief seeing his sister stood there, looking half-asleep, swaying a little and facing the storage closet. "Brynn," he breathed out, sneaking the gun back into its pocket.

She didn't move, nor did she even face his way still focused on the open closet. Zayne's stone face remained so, although inside he grew curious and made his way over to her. Crouching next to her.

"What are you doing up?" he expected an answer straight away. He didn't receive an answer at all.

Brynn couldn't answer. Brynn wasn't even fully here right now.

Milo was here.

Milo was in the closet. Milo was here.

But he wasn't doing anything. Why wasn't he doing anything? He was just sat in the back of the closet, back against the wall, legs spread out in front of me him. In between his legs, he was twirling a knife with his left hand. A knife that looked sharp.

The weird thing was though, he wasn't even looking at her. He was just staring at the knife as it spun, occasionally catching the light. Brynn didn't like this. Why's he not looking at her? What was he planning?

Zayne furrowed his eyebrows slightly. What was she looking at?

He didn't have any more time to ponder on the thought, Callan and Brayden were coming round the corner, guns tucked in their shirts behind them, if need be. They froze when they saw their little sister with their brother.

Shooting their oldest brother odd looks, they, too, crowded around Brynn. Callan was now blocking her view of Milo and Brayden was stood to her right. He shot Zayne a questioning look, to which Zayne shook his head. He didn't know what she was doing either.

"You sleep walking, sweetheart?" Callan cupped the side of her face, trying to get a better look at her sleepy expression. Nothing could deter her gaze away from the closet though.

The rest of them came around the corner now, Ezra leading, but he stopped just like Brayden and Callan did. This caused Silas to bump into his back, creating a domino effect. Once they saw what he saw, they slipped their guns back, relieved.

"What's she doing?" Zaiden asked.

Callan shrugged, "sleep walking, I guess." He waved his hand slowly in front of her. The small movement caused more terror to course through Brynn's body than she thought possible.

One second, Milo was staring at the knife, then Callan's hand swiped across her vision and his eyes had moved to look at her instead. It looked something out of a horror movie.