Chapter 36

(A/N: heyyy guys. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been lazy but I'm back maybe idk also this may seem a little rushed cuz I wrote this in like 30 minutes so....enjoy! 😍😚😙🤪😜😎🥸🤩🥳😛😝😉🙂🙃🥲😂😄🤣🥺😩😧😧😪😵‍💫😵🥴🤐😷😈👿💩👻☠️👽🤡👹👺🎃🤖👾👉👌🙏👁💋👁👤🗣👥🫂👶👧👩👩‍🦱👩‍🦰🧑‍🦰👱‍♀️👩‍🦳👵💀🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️)

"W-what did you just say to me?" Ben asks the
newscaster that has been causing him trouble.

Ben stands frozen in spot, unable to comprehend what was just asked of him.

"I asked you, how have you been able to stay a hero and save people when you couldn't even save your loved ones in your own world?" Calvin Hooker asked, smirking.

Ben's hands turn into fists, he turns around ready to beat the crap out of him for saying that until Wonder Woman stood in front of Ben.

"That is far enough Mr. Hooker. Omni-X's personal life from his own world is none of your concern. I don't where you got this information but you clearly don't have the full story." Wonder Woman stated.

"I think it's a question we all deserve to know. People at the Anti-X are very curious to know the truth." Calvin kept pushing Ben.

"Anti-X?" Ben asked confused turning his face away from the cameras.

"People against the supposed hero Omni-X. I mean how can we trust an alien especially one who can turn into millions after the thangarien invasion. I mean we trusted Hawkgirl, and she turned on us." Calvin smirked, knowing he got Ben pissed off.

"Hawkgirl didn't want to do that. At first she might of yeah, but she changed and tried to stop it. Don't bring Hawkgirl into something you don't have enough information on." Ben yelled at Calvin.

"Oh yeah...just like Darkstar planned." Calvin whispered to himself, while Ben was trying to calm down.

Everyone was silent, not sure what to say or do. Though what Calvin didn't account for was Wonder Woman being there and forgetting her super hearing.

"Calvin Hooker working for the supposed villain Darkstar is illegal. You are under arrest for conspiracy against a hero and your country." Wonder Woman stated.

Calvin's cameraman took his microphone away, when the police handcuffed Calvin and took him into the police car.

The newscasters that were once interviewing and recording the whole argument between the two, turned the cameras to Calvin and watched him get into the police car.

Ben stood there watching as the newscaster that caused so much trouble get arrested. Ben couldn't feel happy about it yet. To him something was off, like he did it on purpose.

Wonder Woman was near Calvin reading him his rights. Ben teleported himself back in the Watchtower and heads straight to his room.

Wonder Woman looks behind her and sees Ben teleporting. She finishes reading Calvin his rights and then teleports back to the Watchtower.

She walks up to Ben's door and knocks on it. His door automatically opens and shows Ben sitting on his chair.

"How are you feeling?" She asks him.

Ben turns his head to face her. "Confused." He responded.

"Confused about what?" Wonder Woman asks, stepping into his room and sits on the edge of his bed.

"It doesn't make sense. Michal just turned himself in and then Calvin just happens to know something about my past. There has to be something and I bet Michal knows something about it, I just need to know what." Ben explains his thoughts.