Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the story

    Wonder Women, Ben and Ship walk outside the manor. They wave goodbye to the other hero's. Wonder Women picks up Ben while he is holding ship and she flys into the sky heading in the direction of Ben's new home.

"You know, I could've just fly on my own." Ben said

"I know, but I think you need some rest from using your powers." Wonder Women said

"Oh ok."

They land in front of the house; Ben told Wonder Women where it was. She sets him down and follows him inside. Inside is a fully furnished house, with everything he needs and a basement full of all his alien technology and vehicles he may need. Ben doesn't tell Wonder Women about the basement just yet.

"It's a very nice place." Wonder Women complements

"Yea it is." Said Ben. "Look Ship, this is our new home."

Diana smiles at him. She walks out the door quietly not wanting to ruin the moment he's having with Ship. Ben turns around and sees Diana not there. He figured, she left without saying goodbye but he knew he would see her in a week.

He walked around the house, getting a feel for everything. Ben was exhausted. Ben grabbed Ship and headed to his new room. He set Ship on his own little bed and said goodnight. Ben got into his bed and closed his eyes.
————————————————————

"Are we really sure about Ben join the Justice League?" Flash asked. "His family just died, then gets sent to another universe and he stopped an invasion. That's seems like so much for a kid."

"True. He may just be a kid, but he may have the ability to take us all down." Batman said. "We need him to be on our side."

"But is it ok, to leave him alone?" Ask Green Lantern

"We won't be leaving him alone. We'll be watching over him quietly. We can't risk him trying to hurt himself." Batman said.

"He also is a natural born hero." Manhunter added. "But shouldn't we give him a break?"

"We've given him a week off, and if he needs more time then we'll give him some, but criminals don't rest. Plus we're going to need all the help we can get." Batman said

"Help for what?" Flash asked confused

"Help with rebuilding the Watchtower." Batman said bluntly. "Now go home and leave me alone."

With that Flash zooms off heading to Central City and Manhunter flys off heading back to Middleton.
————————————————————
Ben was walking around what looked like his old hometown Bellewood. He can't really make it out though, all the buildings are ruined. Most of the houses are destroyed, theirs bodies on the ground. Ben runs to his house and walks inside. He sees no one inside. Ben isn't sure if that's good or not. He runs out of his house and runs towards Gwen's house. He runs and runs inside, he checks everywhere. No one is there. He jogs out of her house and keeps walking down the street. He doesn't see anyone he knows, just peoples bodies.

He keeps walking. He walks all the way to Mt. Rushmore. There he sees Vilgax broken crashed ship still on fire. He walks inside exploring it, seeing if he saw anyone. But no one was there. He walks out. "Ben." Someone calls out. Ben turns around. He doesn't see anyone. "Ben." They call out. Ben looks in every direction he can. He doesn't see anyone. "Ben. Behind you." They say. Ben turns around. He sees his cousin. The person who was there since the beginning. "Gwen." Ben says. Gwen starts to cry. "Gwen...why are you crying?" He asks.