8. Funereal

Third-person pov

"Bash, do you wanna talk about it?" Gilbert asked sitting up.

Bash had a sad expression on his face. What happened with his mother really hurt him...

"Bash" Gilbert called again.

"I know you're not asleep" Gilbert smiled

"Your eyes are open, Sebastian?" Gilbert questioned again.

"Your born name is Sebastian? Sounds like you should own this boat. And here I thought Bash meant you like to rough a feller up. Good to know" A guy from another hammock spoke then he chuckled and laid back down.

"You have ruined my reputation. I could hit you two tap myself" Bash finally spoke up in a monotone.

"There was this girl back in Avonlea. Rose" Gilbert said.

"She was kind. Loved to read..." He looked into the abyss.

"She was the one that helped me through my father's death..." He smiled sadly.

"I wonder if I'll ever see her again.." He sighed.

"Sounds like you're in love Blythe" Bash said jokingly.

Gilbert chuckled. "It's not like that with her..." He looked at Bash.

"How long you plannin' to stay on this ship?" Bash questioned.

"I don't know. I want to go wherever the spirit moves me" He answered.

"That's what my dad used to say"

"I feel like we'll be crackin' coal forever. Like them, pistons in the engine, always going and going and going nowhere. I'm trapped here" Bash exclaimed.

"I felt trapped in Avonlea. If I go back home, I may never be able to leave" Gilbert sighed loudly.

"Boy, you call that a problem? Some of us ain't have no home" A man yelled.

Gilbert looked out at the sea as his mind drifted off.

~

The wheels of the carriage bounced every time it hit a rock.

Rose sat in her dark silky black dress and a tear-stained face.

Her eyes red and puffy from crying all night.

She leaned her head against the window.

Elizabeth sat beside her in an almost identical dress.

She kept her face straight even though she was breaking inside.

Her hands were neatly tucked away on her lap and her lips were in a thin line.

The carriage slowly came to a stop in front of a graveyard.

"We've arrived ma'am" The driver spoke getting up from his seat to open the doors.

Elizabeth turned to Rose and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Rose met her worried eyes after a few minutes.

Elizabeth gave her a sad smile, nodding slightly.

Rose slowly got off the carriage straightening her skirt.

Her eyes filled with tears as she tried her best to hold them back but one tear slipped out falling down her cheek.

Elizabeth walked her up to her parent's grave as the burial started.

~

Word count : {444}

Hello, my lovelies! I am so sorry that today's chapter is a bit short. It's just that the episode ended so I wanted to stop it here. And I've been a bit busy with school work. And I'm thinking of changing the title to 'The one, the only'. I hope you understand. I really hope you like today's chapter! Stay safe my little roses! <3

Xoxo

-Rose