4.biscuits for the boys

Third-Person pov

The next day every man was at the Gillis' hours to repair it.

Rose woke up perfectly fine that morning but still felt a bit sore.

She thought it was a good idea to make some biscuits for the boys and deliver them.

As she mixed the dough she softly hummed a tune.

Now she cut them out and put them in the oven.

"Diana do you want to come along with me? I'm going to bring some biscuits for the boy!"

"No! I have to practice" was faintly heard from the other room.

Soon the cookies were done and Rose put them in the basket while taking a book to read along the way.

~

Rose hummed the same tune as she walked. Basket in one hand, book in another.

It was a bit chilly out.

The wind blew and that sent a shiver down her spine.

She could barely remember last night even though she tried her hardest to.

Hammering was heard from afar.

As she walked closer to the Gillis' house she could see two figures walking towards her.

It was Anne and what seemed to be Ruby?

Anne had a stern look on her face. I wonder why?

"Why hello there Anne, Ruby," she said as a smile appeared on her face while waving.

"Hello, Rose. Are you alright after what happened last night?" Anne said in a worried tone.

Ruby was just dreamily looking off to space.

"I'll see you later then I best be going. Don't want Marilla to get worried." Anne said rushing off while dragging Ruby along.

Rose walked closer to the table near the house and placed the basket on it.

Someone came up behind her.

~

Rose's pov

I felt a presence behind me.

I turn around to see Gilbert with little droplets of sweat on his forehead even though it was the middle of summer.

"Gilbert! How wonderful to see you. Do you want some biscuits? They're fresh out of the oven." I said as I handed the basket over to him as he took one biscuit and took a bite.

"Wow. These are really good. " He said as he took another. I giggled.

"Are you alright? After what happened last night? " He asked after he swallowed.

"Yeah, I'm alright but I really don't remember anything from last night," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

 "It was a rough night," Gilbert said laughing a bit.

"Well, I best be going now. See you at school," I said as I walked away.

~

Third-person pov

Rose walked away forgetting completely about her book.

Gilbert noticed the book on the table. He picked and up and ran after her.

"You forgot your book..."Gilbert called after her but it was no use. She was too far away.

~

word count : {472}

Doesn't Anne seem sus right now? What will Gilbert do about her book?

figure out in the next chapter. 

Hope you enjoyed it! Sorry for the late update.

Xoxo

-Rose