Chapter 92

The two waited for a long time without moving, face down, until the rumbling sound outside the cave gradually decreased.

Song Yan raised his head slightly, shaking the sand on the back of his head, looked at Xia Lin to his side, and asked, "How are you?"

"I'm okay." 

Xia Lin's voice was still calm but the expression on his face had not faded.

They looked back cautiously and were shocked again.

They were blocked by sand and mud behind them and there were several pieces of horizontal wood and gravel mixed in the mud.

Thanks to these pieces of horizontal wood and gravel, a natural barrier was erected in the long and narrow passage to block most of the sand and mud outside. It left a small space for the two of them to move so that they would not be completely buried and asphyxiated to death.

Although this is the second time Xia Lin has experienced this kind of thing, he feels that this life is even more dangerous than the previous one. 

If Song Yan hadn't been protecting him just now, he would've rush forward desperately and would've been swallowed by the surging mud.

At the same time, he felt a kind of inexplicable fear spontaneously from the bottom of his heart.

He's thinking that he miscalculated the exact time when the mudslide broke out so they had no time to scatter down the mountain. But at the moment, they were squeezed in a corner that they could hardly move. What's happened?

Although many things will change due to the butterfly effect in their second life, natural disasters like mudslides are formed over the years and cannot be changed overnight by human factors.

Although the mudslide in his last life also covered this cave, it was just big enough to seal the entrance of the cave. He still had ample space for activities in the cave. 

However, in this life, the mudslide burrowed into holes desperately like beasts with eyes, which simply does not conform to the natural law of objects falling.

He told Song Yan about his doubt. 

Song Yan moved his lips but he suppressed the conversation again.

He suddenly remembered the young man he saw the moment they entered the cave. 

At that time, he had no time to think about anything. But now when he thought about it, the child in the man's left arm is probably the child they have been looking for.

And the "push" gesture made by the man seemed to be manipulating the trajectory of the mudslide - although it sounded very unscientific.

He carefully recalled the appearance of the man. 

Because of the rain and fog, he couldn't see the eyebrows and eyes of the other party but what he could see clearly was that the other party was still clean and tidy from head to toe even without any rain gear. This phenomenon has also exceeded his cognition.

Who is he? 

No, the question should be, is he human? 

Xia Lin didn't say a word. Thinking that something had happened to Song Yan, he asked, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, it's just a bit..." 

He stopped abruptly because he found that his left leg seemed to be stuck on something and he couldn't move.

At this time, Xia Lin had already sat up. 

Although there was not much space left, at least Xia Lin could move his body. 

Seeing Song Yan was silent, he asked: "What's the matter?

"It's nothing," Song Yan said, "My legs are too long and I'm stuck." 

He was afraid that Xia Lin was nervous and he deliberately gave a relaxed tone of humor.

Xia Lin couldn't see Song Yan's condition clearly in the dim and small space so he asked again: "How is your leg? Is there any injury?" 

Song Yan moved his body and finally pulled his right leg out of the dead sand but his left leg still couldn't move.

He probed down his body on the left side and then touched a huge rock just above his left leg. He felt his heart stop for a second. He traced along the sharp bottom of the rock and slowly touched the base of his numb and unconscious left leg. He felt a slightly slippery liquid.

He rubbed it with his fingertips and it was indeed liquid. He retracted his hand and looked at it, then closed his eyes abruptly. 

Blood. His hand is covered with blood.

His heart was beating fast but his hands and feet got cold. 

He understood that he had bled heavily but he did not feel the pain for a while and his entire left leg was pressed under the rock and completely numb.

He hesitated to tell Xia Lin but soon rejected the idea. The space they were in was too small to even turn over. Xia Lin couldn't check his injuries at all. Telling Xia Lin at this moment will only make him worried and anxious. It is of no use at all.

The stench of the soil temporarily concealed the smell of blood. 

Xia Lin didn't know what had happened to Song Yan. 

Seeing him still not speaking, Xia Lin urged again: "Song Yan, what do you want to say?"

"Ah, I'm listening." Song Yan forced his self to reply in a relaxed tone and tried his best to control his voice and to not tremble. 

But Xia Lin still noticed something wrong and asked: "Why do you... your voice sounds weird. Is it uncomfortable?"

"I can't move on my stomach like this, of course, it won't be too comfortable." Song Yan said. 

Xia Lin listened to his words and comforted: "You are stuck and unable to move. The blood flow is not smooth. It is estimated that your body will become numb after a long time. Hold on for a while and wait for the rescue team to come..."

Song Yan listened to Xia Lin's babbling and gritted his teeth silently. 

He's afraid he won't be able to wait for the rescue team. 

He thinks that at his current rate of bloodshed, he can't last a day or a night at all. Even if he had survived, his leg would have been abandoned long ago.

"Xia Lin," Song Yan breathed out almost inaudibly, "I'm a little bored lying on my stomach like this, you...talk to me."

"Speaking more will make you lack oxygen," Xia Lin blurted out, "and it's easy to lose energy." 

"..." Song Yan really admired his ability to survive so calmly at this moment.

Seeing that Song Yan stopped speaking, Xia Lin couldn't bear it anymore so he softened his voice and said, "The rescue team will come, don't be afraid."

Song Yan smiled bitterly in a place Xia Lin couldn't see. 

He was really scared just now, afraid that he would die here like this. But now, he is even more afraid to let Xia Lin know that he is dying.

Xia Lin had already experienced the fear of death once and if it'll happen again, most people would not be able to bear it. It is rare that he could maintain such a strong and optimistic attitude.

But Song Yan knew his physical condition very well. He kept praying in his heart that he could survive until the arrival of the rescue team. He hoped that he could at least stay with Xia Lin alive until he could leave here safely.

Otherwise, he couldn't imagine what would happen if after he became a cold corpse, Xia Lin would be forced to stay with his dead body in a small space day and night... 

He was afraid that Xia Lin would really collapse.