26장

I gave my letter to Beomgyu to put it inside Taehyun’s locker after class. Jinhee didn’t actually like the idea of giving it to Beomgyu cuz she’s worried that he might mess it up again, but I said it’s already been he's habit to put my letter there.

I actually told Beomgyu it’s game over for him once he messed this one up again. I don’t know what I can do to him if that happens again.

-

So I stand here with cold hands waiting for him at the rooftop. It’s nice to be back at this spot since I always go here every time I need a break with my two crackheads best friends. What I love about this place is how I can see the full view of our school, how I can see the students play around and laugh when I see them doing something hilarious but aside from those I love how I get closer to the sky.

It’s a sort of healing for me. Like a warm embrace.

After a few minutes of enjoying my alone time a soft tap from my shoulders reminds me of the reason why I am here at the rooftop. My heart skipped a beat as I saw him standing in front of me. “You actually came.” I said and chuckled a bit.

“Of course I’ll come. Why wouldn’t I?” Those words affect me a lot. Then he put both of his hands inside his pocket.

"I'm glad that you came." I said while looking straight to his eyes.
At least he'll know that I'm sincere this time.

The wind blows, making his hair a bit messy, then he chuckles before saying, " you'll be surprised how much this heart wants to tell you."

People might think it's stupid for him to take a chance with Aera when she just still trying to get over with someone which is Yeonjun his "best friend". Also she used to send him sweet notes that weren't even meant for him.

"But I'm not in a rush, cuz I know there's still someone in yours (heart)" he added.

I blinked a few times, "I know..I hope you understand."

"I'll always try to understand." He said before creasing the top of my head.

"and please don't think I'm using you. You know I'll never do that to you." I added then he laughed and started messing up my hair.

"I told you I understand. I know that's not not your intention." He slowly grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

"Just like you wrote, you want to give me a chance." He placed my head on his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you Taehyun. I want a fresh start, and I want to start it with you." I also wrapped my arms around and felt his warm embrace.

"Then let's start it by making you happy. Since that's what I want in the first place."

We both stay like this for a while, feeling the warmth of the embrace and only the whisper of the cold wind we hear.

Starting today, what I really love about this place is the special memory that it holds.

-je♡