Chapter 9

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly.

Since Taehyung had a tutoring session which, for some reason, required a servant standing inside the room the whole time while doing nothing, Jungkook was requested to observe the session and watch Taehyung get tutored, probably Elysium's equivalent of school.

The tutor was a tall and wise-looking blonde man with a tone and a posture that made him seem much older than he probably was, looking a tad like Jimin but obviously much bigger in size. Jungkook hadn't forgotten about the prince's unintentional coming-out and, call him crazy but he tried to look for any signs that Taehyung might possibly be attracted to his tutor but didn't find any. Why he even cared at all was a mystery to himself, too.

What surprised him a lot was the tutoring itself. When he learned that Taehyung's lesson today would be entirely focused on Korean, he thought of literature and poem analyzations or writing an essay like in his own school.
But no, Taehyung was learning how to write.

It was weird seeing an eighteen-year old learn how to write basic, normal Hangeul but he assumed that Elysium tradition presumably included learning how to write only after becoming an adult.
"Knowing how to write, let alone read, is a priviledge," Taehyung had said matter-of-factly when he had asked him about it. He tried not to think about the people who were too poor to receive education in or outside the castle.

Today seemed to be a special day, the prince seemed to feel much brighter after the tutoring session as he picked out his daily tiara-crown-thing (gold with turquoise gemstones, perfectly matching his pale white robes) and smiled brightly as Jimin put it on him. Smiling suits him, Jungkook couldn't help but think.

"Do you want to see the castle's ball room? My sister should currently be receiving her dancing lesson, with her lady friends. I always find it highly interesting to watch as I personally do not receive any." Not missing an opportunity to lay eyes upon another one of this fantastic castle's rooms, the brunette nodded.

"Amazing. Let us go," the prince ordered, taking Jungkook's hand instead of his biceps like he had done the past few days and pulled him towards the door. "In case anyone happens to intrude, you will tell them I am bathing peacefully," he told Jimin who immediately nodded and bowed with a "Of course. Have a pleasant trip, Your Majesty", as if he was about to leave for some sort of road trip.

And so, Taehyung skipped excitedly along his corridor while clutching Jungkook's hand to which the younger didn't know how to react. It almost felt like having a bubbly boyfriend who would ask him to take him to the mall and then happily pull him towards all the expensive Chanel and Gucci-stores and beg him to buy several clothing items with pleading puppy eyes until he agreed with a sigh.

Something Jungkook never got to experience so far. However, if Taehyung were from his world, he was sure he'd be the type to love shopping for luxury brands and drag his boyfriend along with him forcefully, regardless of how the latter felt about that.
And something about that image made Jungkook smile.

"Here it is," the blue-haired male whispered in delight. The two of them were standing in front of a gigantic ball room of which the wooden doors had been opened to give them a perfect sight of the divine room. Just like the throne room, it shimmered and glimmered from every single angle, the walls seemed to be made of pure gold. It appeared that gold happened to flow like water in Elysium. Or it grew on trees, he didn't know.

"There they are!," Taehyung whispered, pointing towards four girls in long ballgowns who spun around laughing which made their puffy skirts twirl beautifully. Four well-dressed men stood aside the spinning females and looked extremely uncomfortable.
"Ladies, ladies, please!," a male voice interrupted desperately and another man in his fifties or sixties stepped closer towards them and clapped into his hands to make them pay attention and stop laughing.