"Take it back."

I looked at his smirking face and gave him a smirk of my own.

"Okay daddy." I whispered.

He let go of my neck immediately and grabbed a couch pillow, whacking me over the head with it.

I jumped up laughing and retreated behind the couch out of his reach.

"I'm telling your father." He glared at me.

"Okay, shall I also tell him about our cozy moment last night?"

"Wow, a guy does one nice thing for you and you blackmail him, should've figured." He flopped back on the couch and covered his face with his arm.

"I'm just kiddinggg Weston, I'm just kidding." I leaned over the back of the couch and put a hand on his shoulder. "I would never."

He ignored me.

"Why don't you show me outside?" I decided to be mature now.

"...Alright." Weston accepted with a sigh and sat up.

He stared at me for a moment with an unreadable expression, and I impulsively leaned forward and gave him a hug. When I pulled away he had his normal, easy smile in place.

"C'mon get your shoes on." He said, and went and slipped into his boots.

I laced up mine and followed him onto the porch, and around the back of the house.

"Nice shirt by the way," he called over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah...sorry. I didn't want to horrify your mom with the shirt I had on...I'll give it back," I said sheepishly.

"You're good. Keep it as long as you want," he winked.

I nodded and looked away quickly before he could see my cheeks redden.

"Ouuuu, you have a barn." I ran a few steps to catch up. The large faded structure stood near the edge of the woods, and had a paddock branching off the edge of it.

"Yep." He heaved open the wooden door and led me down the aisle towards the end. "You like horses right?"

"Of course." I joined him where he stood above a halfdoor to a spacious stall, and there stood the two biggest draft horses I'd ever seen.

"Nice." I was in awe.

"They're my sisters."

"Wow." Clicking my tongue, I motioned for the horses to come over.
The big mare turned in a circle and came over and nuzzled my hands.

"You want to ride her?" Weston asked.

My mouth fell open and I nodded.
"I would love to."

"C'mon in then." He held open the stall door and I slipped in behind him.

"Well I mean, just sit on her technically."

"That's fine," I said, grinning.

Wes stroked the mares neck and motioned me over.

"Shall I get a stool or something?" I asked.

The mare was at least eighteen hands high.

"Naw, just come here."

I stood next to him and he bent and cupped his hands. "Step here."

I reached up and grabbed some mane, stepped into his hand and he launched me up on her back, steadying me with one hand on my thigh as I positioned myself better.