CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Completely white." I smiled and turned to the elders.

"He is my beta. He will be tracking my scent trying to find me." The women looked to each other before nodding and allowing me to follow the soldier back into the forest.

I followed the soldier and he stopped at a small clearing where six soldiers were pointing their spears at a white wolf growling in the centre of them. His ears were flat against his head and he was low to the ground. I watched as he snapped at the closer spears before cowering down, his tail between his legs. He was afraid.

"Lower your weapons!" I yelled and none of them listened. I groaned, angry at their silence and turned to the soldier I had followed.

"Tell them to lower their weapons. He won't hurt anyone." The man nodded and the soldiers lowered their weapons allowing the wolf to walk to me. I pushed past the soldiers and got in front of the wolf watching his body language change. I smiled at him and stroked his head.

"Hello, Convel." He licked my hand and a soldier threw him some clothes. They were simple trousers and a shirt with no shoes like all citizens in the village.

I turned and allowed Convel to get changed. I heard the cracking of bones and his panting stopped. The rustle of clothing signaled he was changing and when it stopped, I turned to look at Convel.

"Luna." Convel bowed and smiled at me. He couldn't quite look at me in the eye and I felt he was guilty of following me after I left without him.

"Convel, you followed me here." He stood up and took my hands. I wasn't angry as I expected this but he had disobeyed my orders.

"I'm sorry Luna but I had to. There's something you need to know." I shook my head and instead lead him back to the village.

"Whatever it is can wait. Let us speak in the safety of the village and allow the elders to see you."

"No! It can't. I am sorry Luna but it's the alpha. He's in trouble." I turned to him and stopped breathing.

"Where is Atlas?" Convel's head fell.

"Convel, tell me."

"His brother trapped him in the dungeon. I tried to stop him but it was too late. Atlas told me to find you and that you would help him. I delivered the letter but I don't know if he read it or not. He loves you, though."

I looked at him in disbelief. Atlas was supposed to be king and now he is trapped by Noet. I knew there was a reason I didn't trust him!

"Convel, let's go back to the village. We will head back to Borealis and form an army big enough to take down Derever. I know they have a strong force but we need to free Atlas and all the people that are being persecuted because they are different."

"Aren't you upset, Luna?" I turned to Convel, my eyes dark.

"Yes! Of course I am upset. But I am angry, scared but most importantly I am hopeful. I have no time for tears Convel. My soulmate is in danger and I need to get him back. I need to protect the world and restore what was lost all those years ago." I stormed back to the village with Convel following slowly behind me. When we reached the village, he wandered off but I was too focused to truly notice.

"Eva, is everything okay?" The elders approached me.

"Elders, I respectfully would like to talk to your people." They once again looked at each other.

"My soulmate is in trouble. He needs rescuing. As well as this, all the kingdoms need to be freed from those who persecute and bully different people. Derever has always been the worst for this. Yes, change is happening but we cannot guarantee that things won't revert back. For once let's rise up together. Look around you. Isn't this proof enough that all creatures can live in harmony, all be it in hiding but it is possible."

"Eva, last time we fought against the humans, we lost." The elf elder spoke to me.

"Yes, because we weren't fighting together. Let's join forces and fight together. Let me speak to your people. Let's free everyone. Elders, you speak of wanting the world to be safe but if you stay here, things will never change. We have to act and now is the time to strike."

They looked at each other and I could see the arguments going on in their heads. A crowd had gathered around us and were watching intently.

"Let's fight together!" I heard someone in the crowd yell out.

"We can win this!"

"I am sick of living in fear!"

"It looks like the people will follow you Eva. We will allow you to take those who want to fight for their freedom."

I bowed low, "When we win, I'll be back."