Chapter 26

-

Jungkook smiles as he walks into the building, greeting a few people who pass by him. As usual, he doesn't get many greetings back but he's used to that by now. 

"Jungkook!"

The brunette turns to see a familiar face. Min Yoongi. "Oh, hey," he says while waving to the man. 

Yoongi approaches him with a small smile. "Haven't seen you in a while, how've you been?"

Jungkook nods, walking alongside the blond. "I've been fine. Mr Kim's been busy these days which means I've been very busy as well. What about you?" 

Yoongi shrugs. "Eh, same old. Remember my neighbour I was telling you about that one time?"

Jungkook pauses before nodding, a brief memory of the older ranting about a neighbour  coming to his mind. "Yeah?"

"Well, you won't believe it. She got arrested the other day."

Jungkook gives him a surprised expression. "Wait really, what for?" 

Yoongi shrugs, "not sure. All I can say is that I'm glad because I can finally get some peace and quiet."

Jungkook giggles at that while they enter the elevator. "Anyways, kiddos, I rarely see you around anymore. Come down and visit your old man some time, yeah?"

"Hyung, you're not my dad," the smaller says while rolling his eyes. 

Yoongi shrugs, "I'm old enough to be."

Jungkook shakes his head. "Not this again. I told you, I'm 23."

Yoongi playfully scoffs. "In dog years."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and leans back against the metal railing. The elevator stops at the 18th floor and the blond-haired man steps out, giving the boy a small salute. Jungkook waves goodbye and is about to close the door when Namjoon rushes into the elevator, looking apologetic. Namjoon greets Yoongi as he steps out and smiles at Jungkook on his way in.

"Hey, kid."

Jungkook huffs. "Why does everyone call me a kid!"

Namjoon looks a bit taken aback by the younger's small outburst. "Oh...I'm sorry Kook. I thought you were cool with me calling yo..."

Jungkook waves a dismissive hand at him. "It's fine, Hyung. M'sorry."

Namjoon shakes his head and ruffles the boy's hair. After a moment, he looks back at the boy with a cheeky expression. 

"Soooooo," he says, wiggling his eyebrows. 

Jungkook frowns. "What?"

Namjoon smiles. "You and Taehyung seem pretty close these days?"

Jungkook's eyes widen and a blush spreads across his cheeks. "W-What, n-no. W-We just work together, Hyung. N-Nothing else."

Namjoon groans. "Oh c'mon Kook, not you too. Taehyung refuses to tell me anything about you and you just insist your working together."

Jungkook shrugs, "well, t-there's nothing going on between us other than working."

Namjoon huffs. "You can't keep telling me that when Taehyung looks at you with those lovesick puppy eyes." He shudders a little. "Even his voice goes all soft when speaking about you. My brother- the loser he is- hasn't been like that in...in well, forever. Actually, he's never been like that at all."

Jungkook's eyes widen at the older's words and his voice softens as he asks, "Really?"

Namjoon nods, leaning back against the metal frame. "I don't know what you two are but whatever it is, it's making him happy." He smiles softly, looking a little distant. "I haven't seen him like this since- since  you know..."