Chapter 23

Jungkook slams the office door and stumbles into the room, hair askew and eyes wide.

"Sir," he squeaks, looking petrified.

Taehyung looks up at him, alarmed. "What's wrong?"

Jungkook peeks back at the closed door, looking cautious. He turns around anxiously, "T-There's a man following me."

Taehyung's heart drops. "There's a- " He stands up abruptly when there a knock at the door. "Go to your desk," he whispers to the younger while walking towards the door.

He places his hand on the handle, hesitating for just a moment before he finally pulls it open. A big man, suited in a fine tux with sheer black glasses stares back at him, face neutral. Taehyung sighs in relief, running a hand through his hair.

"Mr Kim?" The man speaks, his voice a deep rumble.

Taehyung nods and gestures for the man to come in. The man looks over at the smaller boy, seated at his desk looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Uhh- he ran away before I could get a word out to him," the man says, gesturing towards the smaller boy.

Taehyung nods, a relieved smile now flickering onto his face. "Right. Kook, this is-" he laughs to himself, his heart still racing from earlier. "...This is your...body guard. I hired him for you yesterday."

Jungkook looks a little taken aback, turning to face the older with a questioning gaze. "Oh?"

Taehyung scratches his nape awakwardly, "yeah, um, you know, with all those reporters following you home and stuff, I thought it would be good to get you one."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "Oh... Sir, I...I appreciate the gesture but I don't really think it's necessary. The number of reporters have significantly died down now, they don't follow me home anymore-"

Taehyung shakes his head, "-no. I...I think it's necessary. Especially when you're working in a big company like this."

Jungkook shifts in his seat, a bit uncomfortable. "O-Oh..."

Taehyung sighs, "well anyways, this is Kim Seokjin. He's going to be accompanying you to places where you will travel alone and any place that could pose a potential threat to your safety."

Jungkook chews on the corner of his lips, trying to keep his face steady. He doesn't like the sound of that. The thought of someone following him around constantly, lingering in his presence and taking away much of his privacy. However, to not appear rude, he nods at the man, extending his hand out to shake. "I'm Jungkook. Sorry I ran away, I didn't know I had a -um- body guard."

The blonde haired man nods, a small professional smile playing on his lips. "Nice to be at your assistance. I have already discussed the details with Mr Kim here but if you have any further inquiries, feel free to ask."

Jungkook thinks for a moment, "Um... how long would you be my body guard for?"

"Well, my contract stands for your full term as Mr Kim's secretary."

Jungkook's eyes widen. So this body guard is going to be with him, following him around and accompanying him places for the duration of his job? That could be for years! His face slightly pales, not at all fond at the idea.

Seokjin interupts his thoughts with another quick, emotionless smile. "If that's all, I will leave now. If you are ready to leave the office, use this," he says while handing over a small switch. "It will inform me that you want to leave and I will come to escort you home."

Jungkook merely accepts the switch and nods stiffly. As Seokjin leaves the room, Jungkook turns to face Taehyung who avoids his eyes almost guiltly.

"Sir..." the brunette starts, looking and feeling conflicted. "I...I really don't think this is necessary."