12|| Baited Breath

Quick warning, there's some gore in the first section! Not too excessive, but sensitive readers beware!

-----

Everything was white.

Elizabeth spun in a circle, trying to see something, anything, other than the blinding color. But there was nothing.

Nothing but white.

The dirty blonde swallowed, fear settling into her stomach. Where on earth was she?

She took a tentative step forward. Her foot hit solid ground, which she found promising. Elizabeth instantly bent down to touch the floor, only for her hand pass by her feet and swipe though nothing. Sweat tickled her brow.

That wasn't worrying in the slightest.

Confused and on the verge of panic, Elizabeth reached for her bracelet, deciding to transform. Perhaps she could break out with her disks. Her fingers touched bare skin and hazel eyes widened in horror.

Silver's miraculous was gone.

Her hands flew to her hair to discover that Jumbe's pin was missing as well. Her breathing quickened.

"Silver?" Elizabeth cried out into the void, desperately searching for her dearest friends,  "Jumbe?"

No answer.

"Anyone?" her voice echoed into the space, the only sound in the sea of blinding white. Every second after her call was proof that she was completely alone.

With no plan in mind and nothing to lose, Elizabeth started to run, hoping that somehow she could get herself out of this nightmare. But no matter how long she ran or what direction she went, there was nothing but the void.

Elizabeth didn't no how long she spent trying to escape. It could have been a couple minutes or ten years. Time blurred together, meaningless against the colorless space of absolute nothing.

No, not colorless—white.

Was it white?

Could she really determine the color of the space if there was nothing else to base it off of?

Elizabeth could feel her mind breaking, tearing, splintering into tiny irreparable pieces. The emptiness of it all was too much, too much of nothing for any mind to take.

Her knees buckled and she screamed, her hands ripping at her scalp. The moment her knees hit the ground, a rumble reverberated through the space. Elizabeth paused, breathing heavily, and lifted her head.

Above her, a bright blue fissure streaked across like lightning. She stood and desperately reached up to try to touch it.

Another rumble. Another crack.

Her fingers brushed against the break in the ceiling. Realizing that it was solid, she drew her fist back and flung it forward.

The moment her punch landed the entire area shattered like glass. The white and blue fell away, causing Elizabeth to fall back to her knees and sigh in relief. She took a moment to calm her thoughts before looking around, confusion settling in once again.

Where was she?

She was no longer trapped in that horrid white void, that was for sure, but she also wasn't in Paris anymore. Or any place she'd been before, for that matter.

She was in some type of forest. The trees were large, clearly old. Shades of red, orange and yellow typical of fall decorated the trees and the ground, something Elizabeth would've found beautiful if it wasn't for the fact she had no idea where she was or how she got there.