Chapter 31

Draco had finally finished mending the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. As Snape said, he was back to normal within a few days but we hadn't seen him in person until today. Narcissa didn't want to be there in case something went wrong so we promised to inform her of his wellbeing.

We made our way from Borgin and Burkes to Hogwarts via this cabinet. I held Bella's hand the entire way there and we promised not to let go.

When we got to Hogwarts, we made our way to the Astronomy tower where Draco and Dumbledore were.

"Please let me help you" the old man reasoned with Draco. "I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me" Draco sounded genuinely scared of what Voldemort would do to him if he did not succeed.

Bella let go of my hand and revealed herself to the pair. I allowed her to this time since there wasn't a risk.

"Well, look what we have here" she joked. "Well done, Draco" she whispered in his ear. "Good evening Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order. Don't you?" Dumbledore said calmly.

It was almost as if he knew what was coming and didn't care that he was about to meet his fate. By now, greyback and I had also uncovered ourselves to the old man. He glanced at me, then back to Bella.

"Love to, Albus. But I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule. Do it" she hissed the words into Draco's ear. I was frightened for the safety of our nephew but I knew that Bella would do anything to save him, if she really had to.

I was beginning to wonder where Snape was since he made the unbreakable vow with Cissy. I knew Draco wouldn't be strong enough for this final task but for him to get this far, I am so proud.

"He doesn't have the stomach. Just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way" Greyback snarled, edging closer to the old man who was still unphased by the entire situation. "No, the Dark Lord was clear the boy has to do it. This is your moment, Draco. Do it! Go on, Draco, now!"

Bella was pressuring him to kill Dumbledore and I felt helpless. As much as I love her, she needs to tone it down a little. He is just a boy.

"No" a cold voice demanded from behind us all. We turned to see Snape standing there. I let out a little sigh of relief that my baby nephew wouldn't have to become a stone cold murderer like his aunts.

Cissy will be delighted that Snape arrived.

"Severus. Please..." Dumbledore pleaded but it was too late. "Avada kedavra" Snape yelled.

The old man fell from the top of the astronomy tower. We rushed to the edge and watched as he made his way to the ground. His face remained calm which was a bit creepy but he finally met his end.

When he hit the ground, everyone cheered. Snape was already gone and Draco's face was as white as a sheet. I pulled him to the side. "Hey, is everything alright?"

He nodded slowly, not taking his eyes of the spot Dumbledore was just stood. "Look at me. Draco, look at me" I demanded but remained calm. His eyes moved from the spot to my face. He looked me in the eye and said "I almost did it"

"I know Draco. Don't tell your Aunt Bellatrix but I'm glad that you didn't" he nodded again and gave me a weak smile. I gently put my hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly. I then left him to go and see my girlfrined.

"He is finally dead!" Bella exlaimed, giving me a tight hug. "I can't believe it! The old man had it coming though. I'm so proud of Draco" I said, smiling into her shoulder.

She pulled away but still had a wide grin plastered across her face. "You're so beautiful" I whispered. She looked away blushing and I smirked. "Get a room please ladies" Snape monotonously spoke.