Chapter 4

!!TW!!- Mentions of death/ grieving/ not eating

I inhaled a long, sharp breath before beginning. "I saw them in my dream" Druella looked at me confused. "My parents..." her eyes widened. "Their bodies were suspended on a rope by their necks and their mouths were wide open" Shy sympathetically shook her head, placing her hand on my knee.

"Blood was everywhere. But there was a man there, wearing a black robe and he had a very cold voice" "Do you know who that man was?" I shook my head. "No, but I tried to hide from him but he found me then showed me, my dead parents" a single tear rolled down my cheek.

Druella was now crouched in front of me, her head was resting against my knees. "I am so so sorry. I don't want to keep saying that everything is going to be alright because it's such a cliche" she sobbed into my lap. The roles were now reversed and I was now comforting her.

I was so caught up in grieving the loss of my parents I had failed to realise that Cygnus and Druella had lost their best friends. And, Cygnus witnessed it. "I just miss them so much" she cried. "Shh, it's alright. You have me!" She looked up and smiled weakly. "Do you want me to go and get Cygnus?" she shook her head. "No. I don't want him to see me like this" I nodded lightly and stroked her cheek.

"I will be happy here. I just know it" I bent down and hugged her. "I love you like my own Y/N. Never forget that" she hugged me back tightly. I must remind her of my mother, we have the same hair and the same eyes. My features are soft just like hers too. "I promise I won't forget it" I replied, smiling into her neck.

We eventually broke off the hug and she walked me back upstairs. We entered Bella's room and she was fast asleep. I climbed under the covers next to her and Druella kissed me goodnight.

I was exhausted from crying so as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell back asleep.

***

When I woke the next morning I saw that I was alone. I lay for a while remembering yesterday's events. Thousands of thoughts flooded my head so I decided to get up and do something to take my mind off of it.

I headed into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked atrocious. My eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks were tear-stained. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my face with cold water to help it be less puffy.

It made a slight difference but I will still have to ice it. I shrugged and pulled out one of Bella's dresses knowing she wouldn't mind. I took one last look in the mirror before heading downstairs.

I walked into the dining room and took a seat at the table. "How are you this morning Y/N?" "Better thanks" I replied to Druella. Some food appeared in front of me but I just stared at it. "Aren't you going to eat?" I heard Bella ask. Without looking up I shook my head, I hadn't the energy to eat. I felt sick.

"Please, you need to eat Y/N" Druella said. "I don't want to, please don't make me" I said back, still not looking up. "Can we please go and get my stuff now?" I asked, finally looking up. My eyes were filling up with tears. Druella gently nodded and she stood up. "I'm coming too" Bella demanded.

We grabbed Druella's hands and she apparated us to my old home. Without saying a word I wandered up to my old bedroom.

I took out a bunch of clothes and put them on my bed. I also looked through every draw and only took things I would want to keep. I summoned a house-elf who packed it all away for me. I sat on my bed and looked around the now almost empty room. I'm really going to miss this place.

I stood up and wandered to my parent's room. I opened their door and walked over to their bedside table. On it was a photo of the three of us. I picked it up and curled into a ball on the bed. It still smelled like them.

I watched the photo play on repeat as I took in the scent of my mother. It made me feel close to her. I softly cried into her pillow for a while until Bella came in.

"Hey, mother is waiting downstairs for us" I sniffled, "I'm not ready to leave yet". I heard the door shut and within minutes Bella was back. "I've told her that you need more time and she has agreed to come back for us later"

I thanked her and gave her a weak smile. It's true I wasn't ready to fully part with them yet but part of me was glad that I can see Bella all of the time now.

We start at Hogwarts in a month and I need to make sure that I get sorted into Slytherin to carry on my parents legacy. I don't want to let them down, the mudbloods that killed them need to pay for what they have done to me.