Chapter fourteen

Beep
Beep
Beep
Be-

I get my phone and turn off the alarm. I had set to wake me up at 5:00 am to get me ready for Emily's birthday party. I rub my eyes with the back of my hand and get up to wash my face to fully wake me up. I turn the lights on and squint my eyes because of the sudden brightness. I turn to see myself in the mirror and see some drool on my cheeks and my hair all messed up.

"Must have been a good night's sleep" I yawn.

I turn the shower on after seeing myself in the mirror. I check the water to make sure it's warm so I can start to strip off my clothes. Once I'm done I look up and stare at the mirror that's reflecting some of the bruises that are starting to heal and some scars from throughout the years living with them. I run my fingers around the bruises as some tears start to gather in my eyes, but I don't allow them to come down.

"Damn Aurora don't start crying now, you're still the baddest bitch in this family other than Emily" I whisper to myself.

I get in the shower and wash my body and hair. After I'm done I get out and dry my body and hair. I get out of the bathroom and head to my closet to look for some clothes. I don't know rather wear some casual or #girlboss clothes.

'Definitely #girlboss I mean I am the host and I want to look as professional and pretty while doing it and I have to change later anyways'

Aurora outfit

I put my hair into a ponytail and put some mascara on

I put my hair into a ponytail and put some mascara on. After that I take in a deep breath and open my door, I go straight for the stairs since I don't have time or more like avoiding my brothers and father. I almost made it to the door without anyone seeing me.

Key word being almost.

"Where are you going?" I turn around noticing it was Mateo who asked me. Relieved I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"You're not planning to run away are you?" He asked as he watched me closely.

I smiled at him as he examined me.

"No I'm going to grandma and grandpa's house to fix the party decorations, you know for Emily's birthday party" I looked at him doubtful wondering if he even knew what I was talking about.

"Ohh ya I forgot about Emily's birthday party today, anyways can I bring someone and what time do we have to be there?" He questioned me.

"Umm sure I guess but it's not my birthday party so you're going to have to ask Emily about that someone and the party should start at around 5:30" I smiled at him one more time and waved as I open the front door of the house to get to my car.