1 : Alien

Calla

S T A N D I N G in the hallway, my breath are rugged and fast and the lump in my throat is big.

"You're a bitch," he yells. It's sounds muffled. Like he's struggling with the words. He takes a big sip of whatever alcoholic drink he's holding. I stand there, my head down, looking at my feet.

Maybe I should just start doing the dab and he'll let me-

I have really nice feet.

"It's your fault- all yours." He screams the last part and I whine in pain.

you remind me everyday dad

"I'm sorry," my voice is quiet. Afraid if I make a wrong move that'll tick him off. I don't know what he'll do when he's intoxicated.

Maybe I should drink with him. Yeah.

It is my fault anyways.

I hear him mumble something under his breath before he goes to the living. His loud footsteps making it clear that he's in the living room now and I breath out.

Dad wasn't always like this.

I take myself to my room, locking the door after me and I lay down on the bed, tired.

Everyone hates me. Even if they don't know me, they'll eventually.

Tears well up I'm my eyes as I think about mom. I miss her.

She's not dead, she just left two years ago when I was fifteen. All she left was a note saying she doesn't wanna do this and she didn't want a daughter.

She doesn't want me.

I'm sorry, mom.

I look over at my clock and see the time.

4:08. AM.

My eyes widen. I have school tomorrow!

Darn it.

"Hey Alissa," I wave, smiling at her as I see her in the crowd of students. I make my way to her and she smiles at me.

I should get a koala.

"Love your fit bestie." She looks down and my smile gets bigger and she coos, "you're always so cute."

"Stop Alissa, you're so pretty." I cover my blush, turning my head and I hear her laugh making me hold back one.

"Let's go to class," she throws her arm around my shoulders. She says I'm her arm support, since I'm so short. Funny right?

Right.

She's just so tall. Like a freaking model. She's mixed with this beautiful curly hair and green eyes. I'm jealous. What about it?

"You wanna hook up?" I blurt out and she looks down at me before laughing and I shrug.

is that a no?

"Still don't understand why you have so many caps," she rolls her eyes and I give her a cheeky smile.

My cap makes it harder to see my bruises since the lighting doesn't hit my face then.

And plus I look cool.

I collect them, I have so many but like I said. They're cool. Like me.

I have a denim one on right now and I look like I could steal your father. Hehe.