⚏𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇⚏

Start from the beginning

Fuck. I've got to get out of here. Should I see if anyone's injured though? No. If I get caught then I'm done for. I should just go back upstairs and forget what I heard. But my feet were in action before my brain could comprehend what I was doing. I made my way to the door that led to the parking garage. I twisted the knob, quietly, but it wouldn't budge, not unless I pushed really hard, that is.

Okay, this was a mistake. I'm just going to go now. There's no point staying here. But just as I was about to turn around, I heard another gunshot and a loud cry.

"STOP!"

Once I finally took in the situation, I realized I was no longer behind the door and I was standing in the middle of the parking lot, with about 15 pairs of eyes on me.

"Well, what do we have here?" a female voice inquired.

"Who's this pretty little thing?" a deep voice called out.

I was frozen in place. My brain stopped sending my body signals from the moment I bolted through the door and stumbled into the parking lot. I looked around and spotted a familiar face amongst the many pairs of eyes. Actually, I spotted a couple of familiar people. Even though they were all wearing masks, their hair and eyes were still visible. Is that...Shikamaru? And Sakura? Her pink hair is her biggest giveaway. And...NARUTO? This dumbass is here too? You would think for people waiving around guns and acting like criminals, they would be better at disguising themselves.

How am I going to escape this situation? Should I just take off and run? No, what if they shoot me? I can't use what I've learned here. I'm no match for guns without having any weapons of my own.

That's when I noticed that everyone had a gun—whether strapped to their waist, in a holster on the side of their thigh, or in their hand—everyone was armed.

I started backing towards the door, slowly, careful to not turn my back to them. I looked at the center of their semi-circle and noticed three people sitting there with black sacks over their heads. I also saw a pool of blood under one of the captive's chairs; there was a bullet hole in their thigh.

I couldn't really make out their features, but I could tell it was two men and one woman. I wonder what they did to end up in this situation. I don't think I should stay to find out though. In another life, I would have, but now is not the time. I have to save myself.

I'm not too far from the door. All I have to do is make a run for it and rush up the stairs to the lobby and out the front door to find help. I can't possibly stay in this building after seeing this.

Before I could continue my escape route in my head, a familiar voice spoke up from the small crowd.

"Can we kill her? She's seen too much and we can't have her risking our identity. Why did Neji even allow someone new to move into the building? Of course, some shit like this would happen." the female voice said.

KILL ME??

"Calm down T, it's not that big of a deal. Why can't we just take her in or something?" a familiar voice asked. Is that Shikamaru?

"Do we look like a fucking homeless shelter? We're not taking anyone in." a man called out.

Everyone began to speak up, some defending me, and other's not so welcoming to the idea of letting a newbie into their circle. Either way, things are only going to get worse for me. Maybe while they're arguing, I can make a break for it.

I jetted to the door, running faster than I have in my whole life.

I made it out safely and scaled the stairs, skipping two each time, quickly approaching my freedom.