| ♛ | Epilogue

T W O   Y E A R S   L A T E R

A.X.A

A CACOPHONY OF NOISES surround us.

The roar of engines, the deafening cheers of the crowd and above it all, the commentators announcing the winner of the race-the same name that now holds seven championships under his belt.

"He's done it ladies and gentlemen, Ryver Callahan is now the man with the second most championships won in Formula One history!"

Above us, the sky catches fire by brilliant explosions. The booms and colourful sparks making Alaina coe and raise her small chubby arms to the sky.

Cel grins at her daughter, bobbing her up and down "Lai Lai look, daddy won!" I grin at the adorable shriek she lets outs, cajoling "Boom boom!"

The air is buzzing with life.

I can see why Ryv is as much in love with this sport as he is, energy of this magnitude is addicting. Celebrating this massive feat with your closest friends and family must be a very special feeling.

We continue to watch as Ryv appears on the podium, accepting his trophy, heightening the already boisterous chants and whoops.

Confetti showers down on everyone in symphony to champagne bottles being popped.

The shimmering paper might as well be gold to an ecstatic Lai lai but nothing can compare to the glee on her face when she sees Ryver marching to her.

Alaina leans forward, eager to be in her father's arms and with her takes Cel, they meet halfway in tight embraces and sweet kisses.

Arden grins at them, looking up at me with bright eyes "They're such a perfect family." I nod, tightening my arms around her as I lower my head to whisper in her ear "And to think, we'll have a little one of our own soon enough."

I caress Arden's comically swollen belly where our son rests with the promise of meeting us any day now.

It had been a risk, to fly out to Abu Dhabi for the final round of the F1 season so close to Arden's due date but like in everything she did, my wife was persistent.

Her voice is breathless when she replies and her grin even wider "I can't wait to meet him." I place a kiss on her cheek in answer "Neither can I."

After the incident, the first few months had been tough, especially on Arden.

She was there but a part of her was still back in that office room, where she'd found out that the fatal plane crash that killed her family was no mere accident, where she'd shot someone, where she'd stood helpless while I had been dying.

Though with therapy and the constant support of our friends, my wife had fought her demons and came out victorious.

Chase had been sentenced to prison and dad had divorced Corine who was also charged for her acts.