- 31: Fucking traitors -

Mulai dari awal

"It isn't even that cold, Em." Mia said.

"The jersey just lost its purpose because of that." Perri whined, motioning towards the back of it where Ryder's name was.

"Guys, look around." I said as I noticed people slowly turning towards us, most of them squinting at me, or more like the jersey I was wearing. "I think the jersey is serving its purpose just fine."

"It's because of what Perri said earlier, isn't it?" Lex said, looking over her shoulder, just as we reached the hallway towards the stands.

Everyone turned to look at me.

"Ryder's gonna kill me." Perri groaned.

"What? No. It has nothing to do with that guys." I said, lying through my teeth. "Just calm down, will you?"

"HEY WATERS!" Someone yelled from behind us, making us stop in our tracks and turn.

We were just about to reach the hallway that led to the change room where the team was, so there were not many people around here.

I saw Ryan and Harry jog towards us.

I raised my eyebrows at them. "Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"My little brother is on the team." Harry said, with a proud smile, making me smile in return.

"Really? Ben? That's amazing." I said.

"Yeah that kid made me proud." Harry said.

"Hey Em." I heard Ryan's voice, making me turn to him. "You look beautiful, by the way." He said, without even looking away from my face.

"Oh thanks." I said, with a small smile, suddenly feeling a little weirded out, by his smile.

Thankfully Mia's high pitched voice, interrupted our conversation.

"Wait, Ben is your brother?" Mia asked, wide-eyed. "How'd I never know that?"

"Maybe because all your attention is on a certain someone all the time." Perri sang, making Mia scoff and grumble under her breath.

"Well, having your eyes on someone special isn't really wrong." Ryan said, making our eyes snap to him.

And what surprised me the most was that he was already looking at me with a weird smile on his face.

I heard a choking sound from Perri, somewhere behind me.

"Wait a second... Is that a jersey?" Harry suddenly said, making Lexi snort and try to cover it with a cough.

Damn it.

Maybe I should've brought a long scarf to hide the front.

I don't even know what I'm so afraid of, but Lex was right, what Perri said, triggered something inside me. And added to that, were the memories of how Ryder acted with me on Saturday.

I can't help but feel confused as my thoughts remain jumbled in my head and I don't know what to make of everything that's happened between us.

Ryan's eyes snapped down to my outfit and his smile fell, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh yeah, well-" I looked down at my outfit but Ryan's hard tone cut me off.

"Who's 15 on the team?" Ryan asked, without looking away from the jersey, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

I raised my eyebrows at Harry as he looked at me apologetically. "15, uh I guess-"

Harry started but a voice cut him off, yet again.