Chapter 5 | Unwanted

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes.

Olivia scoffs, "right because you definitely weren't sitting on your usual table just a moment ago." she says.

Aaron's eyes widen and he grins, "damn Justice, you've even got Hart here on your side now?"

I take a large pie out of my pie and look away.

"What's up Olivia, Defy-er" Simon grins from beside me and I want to bury my head in a pit of sand.

Whoever came up with it in the first place needs to eat a dictionary.

Simon's attention turns to Olivia. "Oh, I see you've just come back from the dark side." He smirks and his friends laugh.

At first I think she's about to say something back to him, but instead she does something that inevitably forces me to bite down on my tongue to stop myself from laughing. She grimaces at him and gestures to her teeth, then shakes her head with a look of disgust. Simon's face is priceless.

"Ouch spongebob." Logan cackles, recalling what Olivia had said to him yesterday. It takes a moment for Simon to recover from the blow and he shoots a glare at his friend.

"Fuck off Warwick." He swears at Logan and looks at Olivia with a heated look, "you know, you're a bitch." He says in a stating tone and stands up to leave, but then realizing his best friends are still here and he sits back down, angry. Safe to say, Olivia can really throw shade.

"So Blair, how's life going?" Aaron asks me, plopping one of Olivia's fries in his mouth. I don't even make an attempt to speak as I grab my tray and stand up. "Oh come on, I said I was sorry." Aaron says.

Still, without uttering a word, I walk off to dump the rubbish from my tray into the bin and leave it by the counter before exiting the cafeteria.

The best thing for me to do is to just walk away, I'd be helping to kill my brain cells the more I listened to them.

I had taken note of the many eyes that watched as I left and the feeling of banging my head against something became so overwhelming that found myself hitting my head against my locker the moment I reached it.

"Idiot."

Bang!

"If you hadn't opened your big mouth—"

Bang!

"—you wouldn't have gotten the attention—"

Bang!

"—of everyone—"

Bang!

"—you even have detention!"

Bang!

"Ugh! You stupid girl!"

Bang!

"Why didn't yo—"

"You done now?" A low voice breaks me from my head-bashing and I jump, startled. I look up at the owner of the voice and instantly wish there was a grave nearby to jump into.

The owner of the voice is none other than Declan Hyder!

His hair is messily brushed back, as though he only ran a hand through it before coming to school and his perfect lips are in a straight line. His hazel eyes bring the same thoughts I had of them yesterday. How empty they looked. But if there is anything I know about empty-looking eyes, it's that there are a lot they can see, a lot they can catch, and a lot of thought behind them.

For some reason he's looking at me blankly right now, if not, almost expectantly.

What's wrong with him?