Chapter 14

"I'll always keep you safe even if you don't choose meee."

Erick drawled out and smiled dejectedly. No one had ever promised to keep me safe yet here he was doing that.

I chuckled sadly and shook my head. Blair called for Caleb and he helped us take Erick to his room. We took him to the bathroom and he puked a total of three times while I held his hair. He almost dropped down tired but we held him up before he could fall.

I told Blair and Caleb to leave and helped Erick onto the bed. Before I could tuck a blanket over him he pulled me suddenly which made me lose my balance and fall on his chest. Our bodies lay over each other and I felt electric tingles rushing all over my body. Erick stared at me with wide eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I asked him but got no reply.

Before I could get up he pulled me even closer and whispered,
"Please don't leave me"
Those words were almost like a charm on me. I decided to stay with him until he fell asleep.

I rolled over to be beside him, not over him. I turned the lights off and made a border of pillows to not touch him while sleeping. I looked at the peaceful expression, he looked eternal in the night with moonlight coming in through the blinds.

I lay thinking about life and when I was about to dose off Erick suddenly held my hand.

He looped his arms around my torso and snuggled his head into my back."Mhmm..you are warm."

I chuckled at his antics and tried to move him but he was too strong to be moved by me. "Psst, Erick, you are on my side of the bed" I whispered but got no results. I decided to ignore it and fell asleep in his comforting embrace. It was almost like his body was made for mine, our bodies fit together like a missing puzzle piece.

I woke up in the morning to sunlight hitting my eyes.

"ughh, Blair close the blinds please" I told Blair.

"I am not Blair tho" Erick retorted back.

His voice sounded smooth like silk. oh shit. The events of yesterday hit me and I realized what happened. I quickly got up and mumbled a 'sorry.' My mouth opened up in a wide yawn and I tried to cover it but I was too late. Erick stood near the door with an amused expression on his face.

His hands held a mug while probably contained coffee. He had probably taken a shower and changed his clothes as his hair was messy and wet. It made him look even more striking. He wore a white tee with grey pajamas. How could anyone look so good in the morning?!

He looked like he walked out of a magazine while in comparison I probably looked like a ghost from Anabelle. While sitting there on the bed I realized that I didn't have a nightmare. I didn't have a nightmare!! I didn't have a nightmare?! Happiness hit me in waves while tears sprung up in my eyes.

I hadn't realized earlier what a huge toll they took on me.

I finally had a decent night's sleep after weeks of nightmares. That thought was so freeing for me. Erick noticed me sitting there with tears in my eyes and walked up to me. He laid his mug down on the bedside table and placed his hands tenderly on my cheek.

He brought my head up and asked me,

"What's wrong love?" he asked with a worried expression on his face.

"I finally didn't have a nightmare." I answered happily.

"That's amazing but why not?"

"I don't know..maybe being with you made me feel safe."