𝟰𝟲 ❤︎

chapter forty six ;; father

⋆.ೃ࿔*:Take a joke, Hyuga.⋆.ೃ࿔*:

You wiped a bead of sweat off of your forehead after digging up a six feet deep hole, big enough to fit a body.

"That was fun." You smiled.

"Shush. You're ugly and a psycho, it couldn't get any worse for you." Your brother threw the shovel away, picking up the dead body of your father.

"Ugly?"

"I'm sure that's what I said." He threw the body in the hole, grabbing the shovel again.

"Look at yourself. You're the ugly one between us."

"Just hurry up and cover this mess up. Change your clothes, too."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You refused to tell me where we were going, plus my clothes and everything else got destroyed during the attack."

He punched the bridge of his nose. "Just wear my jacket."

"Aww, look at you being nice."

"Shut up."

"You're so annoying. Stop ruining things for yourself."

"Just hurry up!"

"Alright, alright."

After thirty minutes, you two finally finished burying your shitty excuse of a father. It bothered you, though. For most of your life, you had a goal to kill your father. Now that you finally did— something still wasn't right.

It could possibly be his excuse as to why he killed your mother. While walking back to the village, you continued thinking. You ignored every single word that came out of your brother's mouth.

When your father was seventeen and your mother was sixteen, the two of them were ordered to have children once they both became adults. Both of them were clan prodigies, so they had no other choice.

He was excited, but your mother never really liked children. She was always afraid of having them because she didn't want to die going through pain. In general, she never wanted to die.

Your mother was never really an optimistic person like your father. She lost a lot during her years as a child, so she never had anything to smile or be happy about.

When your mother was pregnant with your brother, she was told she'd have to have another baby after a couple of years. That being said, you came along.

Your mother realized that she was dumb to dislike kids. She loved you two more than she loved herself. Unfortunately, after you were three years old, your father began to grow horrible habits. Such as smoking, drinking, avoiding his missions, and going clubbing.

She never really cared, though. It's not like they actually loved each other. They were just forced to have children and that was that. After your mother had you, she got sick. She was unable to fight and her chakra network was unstable.

She could barely move at times. Even so, you always volunteered to help her. You always said you could pick her up and when you tried, you failed miserably. That never stopped you from trying. Eventually, you could.

One day, you got groceries just as your mother asked you to. Coming back home, everything was just fine like usual. Your father was out as always, your brother was busy cooking for your mother with the groceries you bought and your mother was laying in bed.

Like always, you insisted to help him but he refused. You laid with your mom for a bit before going back downstairs to play. Soon, the door swung opened.

It was your father. He didn't seem drunk, but he stunk of alcohol and cigarettes. You went to greet him, but something was wrong.

He went upstairs to your mother, which was the start of everything. You stood there watching as he hit her when it was obvious she was weak and unable to help. Even if your brother tried— he didn't know how to use his eye yet.

The both of you were left in the house with the body of your mother. So what exactly was his reasoning for this? He was angry. He never loved your mom and he regretted it until the end.

"Y/n, wake up."

You opened your eyes, looking around the room.

"Finally. You fell flat on your face when you passed out, it was funny."

"Don't mind him. Are you hurt, Y/n?" A soft hand ran across your forehead.

You closed your eyes. "I'm fine, Neji. Thank you."

"Are you sure? You're burning up. Where're your clothes?"

"Yes, I'm sure. My clothes? I don't know. I'm just tired.."

"I hope you didn't do something to her."

"Fuck off, why would I go as far as touching this thing?"

"Y/n isn't a thing."

"Take a joke, Hyuga."

Neji shook off the dumb excuse of a joke, putting his hand on your forehead.

"Neji, how's your medical ninjutsu going?" You weakly asked him.

"It's going well. I remember healing a couple of kids but that's about it."

"I see.."

You lifted your hand up. He held it, leaning his forehead against it. The coldness of the metal from his headband sent a shiver down your spine.

"You two are so..."

"Don't finish that sentence. Neither of us cares." You snapped.

"Right, right. Well..I'm going to check something."

"Please don't come back here."

"Hush."

He walked out quickly, letting the door slam behind him and leaving you two in silence. 

"Y/n..." He whispered.

"Hm..?"

"Promise me something. Please."

"What is it that you want me to promise you?"

"Don't die. Don't hate me if I sacrifice myself for you. Also..promise me that if either of us survives, we'd have a kid.."

"I can't promise the first one. Nor can I promise the second one..but I promise. I'll have a kid with you."

"Make it three, then."

"What? Why?"

"Because you won't promise my other two."

"I promise I won't hate you..but promise me something too.."

"What is it?"

"Promise me that if I die, don't date another girl. Alright?"

"I understand. I would never either way. You're the love of my life. I love you."

"I love you too..I don't feel good. I'm going to sleep."

• "Sleep well, Y/n." •

holy shit it's been so long since i've updated. i have to admit, i've been procrastinating. but i've also been working on my other book as well. i'm sorry for the wait and since it's july, a lot of my family member's birthdays are coming up. with that being said i'd probably have to go to a lot of birthday parties. i've been wanting to get this book done for so long, so i'll try to update quicker. again, i apologize for the wait:( ilya!