𝟮𝟭 ❤︎

chapter twenty one ;; defensive lies

If you planned to have sex, you could've just said so.

"...Tenten, we should have a serious talk." Neji started.

"Okay."

"It's been so long since we've been friends and I appreciate it. You've been there for me even when I was that... very rude teenager."

"Yeah...?"

"Thank you. You're a strong, pretty kunoichi. You have much of my respect and I love you... as a friend. Nothing more and nothing less. I'm sorry, but I can't return your feelings."

"Why? I'm... sorry to ask, but why?"

He placed a hand on top of her head. "I don't know if my mind or heart is right... but I think I'm in love. I'm honestly surprised I managed to be around that person without being like Lady Hinata when she sees Naruto." He chuckled. "I hope you'll understand."

"I guess... who's this person?"

"That, I can't say. I don't plan to tell anyone yet, unless it's Lady Hinata or the person I love."

"Oh. Then, I think I know who it is..." She trailed off, holding her head down.

"Haha... I hope you don't."

"If I'm not mistaken, it's Y/n—."

He put his hand over her mouth.

"Tenten, if you tell anyone about this, you will never hear from me again."

"Right... I understand."

At the end of the day, they still laughed and ended on good terms. Neji walked her home and he went home himself. While you were walking back to your residence, you mysteriously passed out on the ground, and woke up in someone else's residence. You could tell whose it was when you saw the Yamanaka clan symbol on the wall.

You weren't sure what happened, because you couldn't remember anything. However, your thoughts were cut off by Inochi coming inside.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." He smiled.

"It's morning already?"

"No, I was joking. It's far away from it, actually. Anyway... Toshiro is staying over tonight. Ino won't let him sleep in her room so he has to sleep on the couch or with me. Are you going to go upstairs with Ino?"

"Yeah, yeah. Why am I here?"

"I kidnapped you."

"What?!"

"I just needed you to stay here tonight, no big deal. You probably would've declined my offer if I asked."

"Why didn't you just use telepathy and ask, then kidnap me if I said no?"

"That seems more logical, but I was sorta in a rush."

"Okay, whatever. Why isn't Toshiro staying at his own house?"

"Your birthday is tomorrow, idiot."

"Oh—, really?"

"Yeah. Toshiro has to stay here because we're doing something. Now, get out. Shoo shoo."