"I just want you." P(2)

Start from the beginning

Damiano couldn't answer, Enrico's eyes were filled with hidden grief, crying but laughing through his tears,

A ghostly scene where he was trapped at the end of a tunnel with no lights and the lonely man was about to lose two of his trusted persons,

A best friend and a wife.

"I should be sorry but I am not," Damiano spoke, still holding the furious Enrico inside his grip.

"I gave her something you couldn't,"

"Love."

Enrico gripped his hand, trembling underneath Damiano as the realization was hitting him in the guts.

"How could you hurt the girl we both were so in love with since the sophomore year?" the question made me whimper among the quiet cries, I stepped forward to see Enrico's weak figure for the first time, unable to touch me.

"What happened to you, Enrico?" Damiano asked again, "what happened to that charming loving guy who used to cherish her every day with everything he had in his life?" he added, and Enrico lost it.

He broke down as I held my gaze on him.

"I knew it, " he cried, "I knew you were having an affair with her," I bit my lip to stop sobbing, and Damiano stepped back from him, "She never looked at me the way she looks at you."

I was always in love with Damiano, and I never admitted it because Enrico's overloaded love filled my heart at first while Damiano was busy putting all his love on other girls to avoid looking at his best friend's high school crush.

Enrico's affection was sweet for a year or two but soon I grasped the fact that he was obsessed, and it was when I started to fall into the arms of his only friend.

"And I-" I broke the silence, gaining their attention,

"I hate it that I couldn't hate you for the way you treated me lately because all the time I could see how miserable you were inside, the way you wanted to be him and it was all you wanted, to be loved in return but you never picked the right girl to love for the rest of your life, what a lie."

Damiano held me close to him, Enrico wiped the blood from his face and walked toward the drawer next to the king-sized bed.

A second later, Damiano tensed and his breathing halted.

"Enrico, put that down."

I turned, He was standing there with a pistol pointed at his temple.

"Shut the fu*k up now, stop acting like you care if I actually put this down, you two want to see me dead at your feet." He exclaimed, clicking the hammer of the gun down.

"No!" Damiano slowly stepped forward but Enrico shouted and he paused in his place, scared of what could come after.

"Whoever I love, want me dead." Enrico exhaled, tears raining down.

"Enrico!" I screamed when he stepped outside the balcony and stood on the edge.

He chuckled, looking down at us, and still while we thought everything was inside the palm of our hands, he turned the tables and showed us who is in control all the time.

"I loved you both," he spoke, smiling like he was about to jump into the pool of champagne at Gatsby's party.

"And y/n I am sorry, I can't take away the pain I caused you but, I am doing this for you, for the love of my life, my wife and the mother of my child,"

I ran to him, trying to catch him before he could fall.

"See you in another world where I could love you better." He pulled the trigger and his lifeless body flew down to the ground.

A piece of my heart dropped in my stomach, disbelief overloaded empty spaces inside my head.

He killed himself,

Enrico shot himself.

His body laid on the grass, blood coloring the green beneath him. I turned my head as I couldn't see him and my hand landed on my belly where I was carrying his child.

Damiano was kneeling on the ground, gaze on the ground, blank, and never blinked once.

"It was all my fault." He whispered.

I screamed in agony and the employees started to gasp, mixed screams filling the air.

"He did it, THAT ASSHOLE, HE DID IT ON PURPOSE, he wanted to make me remember him forever," I shouted, Damiano was crying in front of me on his knees, completely defeated.

I stood and reached to Damiano but not for comfort, I slapped him hard across his face.

"I told you we couldn't be together, I told you and you never listen!" I gripped his collar, furious as denial collided with the loss.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO RAISE HIS CHILD? Tell me, Damiano! you always have an answer, tell me, please tell me it is all a horrible dream." My emotions were shifting fast and everything was turning grey.

Damiano was like a statue, never looked me in the eyes as I took him as my punching bag.

"Damiano, please!" I sobbed in his chest, feeling empty inside.

His arms wrapped around me and I screamed out the pain inside my chest, the images of my dead husband wiped with the long painfully long scream and I was drowned in darkness.

I fell down the edge in my head and I was surrounded with silence, the tranquil state of nothingness.

•••

"He was not a great man but, " Damiano bit his lip, trying not to cry, and with a nod and a glance at his friend's picture laying on the black coffin finished his tribute to his best friend.

"He was a great friend."

Tears blurred my vision and Damiano stepped away from the spotlight, sat next to me while people surrounded us to bury the body and memories of a man who was once my husband on a rainy cold day.

Damiano took my hand inside him, squeezing it.

"I won't let you go," he reassured, I gazed into his eyes after days of ignoring him.

"Enrico wants it I know, I will take care of you and the baby y/n," he spoke and looked away as we waited for the coffin to be buried,

Wishing everything could be left behind here for always.

____________________________________

Au note :

That was hell of a fanfic, the potential for this story to become a whole series for itself is convincing me to start the book right now.