16 | moving on, not!

Start from the beginning

' Is he alright ? I hope he is fine .. Is he sad ? I don't want him to be sad . I want him to smile .. Is he happy ? That is a good thing , but why do I have to suffer on the other hand ?'

(Name)'s feelings were jumbled , twisted , turned in odd angles . She could barely think straight , and she could not swallow anything . The bento box Himari brought for her earlier that night remained at the same spot Himari placed it . Her mouth felt bland , and her throat ached . Her muscles felt sore , and her limbs felt like snapping with the tiniest movement she made .
Sobs echoed in the room . They were her sobs , coming from her own mouth .

" Gaara ..." she murmured weakly . Her lungs were pounding and her breathing grew hoarse . A cough racked her body , along with that blood dripped from her lips , staining the bedsheets .

She could feel her measly strength flow away into nothingness . Black specks clouded her view . With the remaining strength she had , (Name) grabbed her phone and dialled Himari's phone number .

" Hello ? Himari ... I need help .. I don't think I'll last long ," she voiced weakly . (Name) did not stay awake long enough to hear Himari's answer , and faded into unconsciousness .

One week later - Konohagakure

" What about GothicParadise ? " Shikamaru suggested . " Gothic ?! Does this look like gothic to you ?! " Temari burst , simultaneously tossing a sketchbook at Shikamaru . " Fine .. Something down to earth ... What about Graveyard ? " .

Temari's expression grew blank . " Grave .. Yard ? " . Shikamaru removed the sketchbook from his lap and placed it onto the coffee table . A copy of Konohagakure : Assets and Business throughout The Millennium was in his hands .

" What is that book about ? " Temari voiced , taking the book from Shikamaru . " In 1882 the second Hokage launched a war on the Land of Tea , which was a victory . In turn , the leader of the land granted one-third of the Land of Tea to Konoha ," . A scowl formed on her face . " This book is such a bore ," she muttered , giving it back to Shikamaru.
On the other hand , the man raised an eye brow . " I expected you to be sprightly . After all , we had our honeymoon at the Land of Tea quarter ," he reminded .

" Hey I have an idea .. What about Etresque ? " Temari began . Shikamaru still had his eyes on the book as he murmured " Decent ...".
Temari pouted as she sat on the leather couch . " C'mon ! Be a little more enthusiastic ! " . Shikamaru scowled as he put Konohagakure : Assets and Business throughout The Millennium on the coffee table .
" Etresque ! That sounds awesome ! Ehmergerd ! " he burst , placing his hands on each side of his face .

" Ehmergerd . You're not Shikamaru ! Tell me who you are and what you have done to my husband ! " Temari shouted , grabbing Shikamaru's collar . " What makes you think that ? " he insisted . " My husband , Shikamaru , is incapable of joking and acting like a sick teenage girl ," .
A thick tension formed in the atmosphere .

" Psh .. It's been a while since we last called to Suna . I wonder how things are going there ," Temari began , whipping out her phone , which was encrusted in padparadsche stones .

" Hello Gaara ! Your Nee-san here ! " she burst , brimming with enthusiasm . " Hello Temari .." Gaara responded coldly on the other side .
" Is everything alright in Suna ? " Temari began . " Splendid ," .
Temari shuddered . She knew something was off - he did not sound like the person he was when she last met him .

Gaara sounded like his old , depressed and lifeless self . " Really ? You don't sound really well ," Temari murmured .
" I am fine . If you have nothing else to say I'm ending the line ," Gaara spoke sternly .
" Wait ! Don't end the line yet ! " Temari blurted . She needed a few more seconds . Something was wrong - it was obvious , but she could not put her finger on it . Usually , (Name) was always with Gaara . He would chat with her and talk endlessly . But today , the (h/c) haired girl's voice is nowhere to be heard .

" Gaara , where's (Name) ?" Temari voiced . She had expected her voice to pierce the speakers , bursting ' Here !' , but it did not came . Rather , Gaara grunted and cleared his throat as if it were a troublesome topic .

" (Name) ? Who is that ? I don't think I know anyone with that name ," he responded , as if he was surprised .
" Gaara you know what I'm talking about ! Is this some sick joke ?!" Temari shrieked . Her brother suffered from a heart disease , surely he didn't suffer from memory loss too!

" I don't know who that is and I don't care who that person is ," . Gaara ended the line , leaving a dumbstruck Temari .

" What's wrong ?" Shikamaru's voice rang . Temari shook her head .
Her lips were pressed in a thin line , and her face clearly read distress .

" Something's wrong in Suna .. I can tell .."..